Cramp!!!

Scarlet06

Reaction score
Is anyone else sufferring from really bad cramp at night when they stretch.

I was nearlly in tears the other night stretched my legs in bed and ended up with the worst cramp ever. Ever since been happening nearly every nite.

Yep i get it to, Mainly in my feet or at night when i stretch my legs i get it in my calves. Horrible feeling i hate it.

i get it in my calves to, scared my OH half to death the other nite, sat bolt upright and started screaming. :rotfl:

Hi,

I had this in early pregnancy which was also the first time I had ever had cramp in my leg...so sore I had to get out of bed to relieve the pain.

I found that I only stretched my legs when I woke in the middle of the night and could feel the cramp coming on. Instead of stretching my toes (which caused cramp) I would push my heal down to stretch my legs. This prevented getting cramp.

Hope this helps.

Sally

Cramp is worse if you are a bit dehydrated and when PG I guess lots of us don't drink enough because of getting up to go to the loo all night!

Now I don't know if you are allowed tonic water when PG, but I'm sure the quinine in that is supposed to help with cramps?

I've had this for a while now, especially in my calf muscles. It feels like you're going to die its so painful :(

Don't know what it is exactly but I think it is a build up of lactic acid which means your body is telling you to do more exercise and drink more water. I have been doing the latter more and the cramps aren't so bad and I'm not left hobbling for the next 2 days after I stretch my legs.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

:dance:
hi there!im new!i live in france but my man is english and our baby will be half half, so id like to be in touch with future mums from britain!
i had horrible cramps at the beginning of my pregnancy, used to wake me up at night
the doc gave me magnesium and it all went away!good luck!

:wink:
hi there!tried to send post, didnt work the first time...
im new, live in france but my partner is english so i wanted to be in touch with british mums too
used to have cramps, very painful at night
the doc put me on magnesium and it stopped them completely!
good luck!

I got bad cramps when I was pregnant too. Make sure you're well hydrated :)

Me...I do.....its soooo painful!! Feels like my nerves/ tendons are twisting too....always in my calves :( always in the middle of the night :wall: Owch!!!

I had this too in my calves all the way through my last pg, it was awful.

FIngers crossed it doesn't suddenly appear in this one.

Hope it settles down a little for you soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back