Cramp!!

suzzi

Reaction score
has anyone else been getting cramp in their legs at night?

its been waking me up and always in my left leg. last night it was so bad i couldnt move my leg at all, my toes were pointed and i couldnt move them, i had to get out of bed and stand pushing my toes down, it relaxed my muscles and i was ok, till this morning when by doing it ive hurt my ankle!!!! :wall2:

*Hands up* me too hun, almost every night. This may sound silly, but I use it as a chance to practice my breathing for when I'm having contractions- I really badly tense up when I get them (which is apparently strictly forbidden in labour- who knew?), so I try to focus on dropping my shoulders and loosening my muscles, then breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth slooooowly whilst flexing my foot. It seems to help, and hopefully by labour-day I'll be on the ball with my breathing... Or it's not doing anything at all and I just look like a huffing puffing eejit :lol:

I did but then started putting salt on my dinner (never had any at all before) and now I don't get the cramps anymore, think I've had them once or twice in the last month or so x

ah tinks thats just like me i dont have salt on anything never have. worth a go.

the relaxing your muscles and flexing the foot wont work for me coz i cant move my foot at all when leg cramps

I've been suffering terribly last few weeks too, had it a lot in tri 2 but randomly went and has come back worse. I get it in both legs and starts from my hip down to my toes, drives me mad every night as I'm so tired in day from crappy nights sleep. I've tried loads and nothing has really worked for me to prevent them just standing and stretching when I get them helps. Midwife this week told me it could be a calcium deficiency, first I've heard that so I've been upping my calcium this week, not working so far though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back