Cradle Cap

PINK BUTTERFLY

Reaction score
....I think that's what it is called :)

Chloe has what looked like dead yellowish flaky skin on the top of her head, I noticed it yesterday but she has got so much hair on her head I don't know how long she has had it for :-/

Should I just leave it or is there something I should do to get rid of it?

Thanks x

E stil has a bit too but has so much hair I can't see it. It used to bother her so I put Epaderm on it after a bath and most of it came away. What's left doesn't bother her and can't be seen so I just moisturise it with olive oil before a bath a couple of times a week then comb through it to get rid of the flakes. It'll go eventually so I'm not too worried.
Xxx

Luca still has a little bit now and then too... I just put e45 on it and it goes away when I wash his hair. He had it really bad a few months ago and all the hair on top of his head fell out... xxx

tapatalking x

It can't harm her honey - I just use a soft bristles brush and try and get rid of some of the loose flakes xxx

Dentinox cradle cap shampoo (Tesco, Boots etc, £1.95, lasts forever).

When you give her her bath each night, wash her hair with this, rinse, and wash again.

Do this a coupla nights and you'll see a massive difference.

Cays was all gone after two nights, but I don't know how bad your LOs is in comparison.

Now I use it every now and then just because its a really nice shampoo, makes his hair look lovely.

I haven't seen a flake on his head since I first used it at about two months old. Xx

Thanks everyone, i didn't even know because of all her hair! Iv been feeling her soft spot to make sure it's not sunken in but haven't actually looked at her scald! Il maybe it's only been there a few days as it doesn't flake off when I brush her day x

J has the same problem and she also has tons of hair. I've just left it alone and slowly I can see it disappearing. I've found the sun helps too.

Cradle cap won't actually bother them at all, unless it gets out of hand.

It's basically caused by the cells on the head multiplying too quickly, and causing a "cap" of scales.

If it gets bad, it actually looks like a little baby cap, and will carry on over their forehead to their eyebrows too.

Even by that point it's easily dealt with, just looks nasty. Xx

C had bad cradle cap and has a lot of hair. Detinox didn't work so we started using coconut oil massaged into hus scalp before a bath. It cleared in a few days. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back