Cradle Cap

DW1978

Reaction score
Jax has terrible cradle cap, is there anything I can do to get rid of it? His head also smells a little strange, is this the cradle cap?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I read somewhere put olive oil on and leave to soak for a bit then wash and comb/ gently rub it off. Kynon has just started getting a little bit but his massive hair covers it!

A friend of mines baby had bad cradle cap. Our HV told her to put olive oil on at night and leave it on overnight then wash it off in the morning. Within 2 days, it had pretty much cleared up.

emma really suffered from it from week 6 til about week 18. olive oil just made her scalp yellow! washing her hair everyday in dentinox just made her scalp red!

it was disgusting, we had scales on scales! and i think it did smell a bit. and she lost most of her hair which is only growing back now. poor girl!!

in the end i covered her head in coconut oil and it softened it enough to pick it off. probably not the healthiest thing to do but it hasn't come back plus the coconut oil smelt nicer!

I used dentinox for oscars and it was gone within a few days and never came back xxx

I tried olive oil but it didn't help and was really messy cos you're meant to leave it on a while - gets everywhere when you pick LO up I found. We are using Dentinox shampoo and it's working a million times better, it's almost gone now. A little warning though, although it's mega tempting to pick it you're advised not to as it can get infrcted, and also if you think it smells a bit it might be worth getting it checked incase it is already has a bit infection x

ive heard of the olive oil too. Chloes just started getting this but has lots of hair so covers it. but every few days i cover her scalp with baby oil (reommended by my mother) i leave it as long as i can and wash it off in the bath. it really helps chloes but i hate how it gets everywhere lol on my neck and clothes from holding her but i really do find shampooing or baby oil every couple of days really seems to keep it at bay xx

oh plus i have seen cradle cap shampoo in morrisons quite cheap to so im bearing this in mind for the future but does anyone know how long it lasts the cradle cap?xx

What works for me is to dench lily's head in baby oil and to use a comb (a mans small comb but I keep it seperate just for this job) . I use the small end of the comb and gently brush backwards through her hair and the cradle cap comes off in chunks ! Its disgtusting but very satisfing to see it coming off. Afterwards I just wash her hair in warm water x

Oh yeah defo don't pick it. Not sure if it's true or not but a few people told me it can damage the hair follicles. I never picked Oz's and wasn't even tempted for some reason lol, if it were my head I'd have picked it all lol

Oh yeah picking is bad , tempting though I didnt know with my first and she had little cuts all over her head :(

Jack had a teeny tiny bit when he was about 6wks old and i'm talking a tiny patch on top of his head, I caked his hair in olive oil and left it for about 30mins, then gently massaged his head and washed it off in the bath, it came off completley and never came back! He really did have a mild case though, I guess it's just trial and error of all the different methods until you find one that works for you LO x

Anton was getting a little bit when he was smaller but I started using Mustela shampoo for newborns and it cleared it but it was mild case. Maybe trip to GP?

my son had it and what i did was alot of olive oil and before he goes to bed give him a bath, rub it off with shampoo gentle will come out.. mine was very bad

oh plus i have seen cradle cap shampoo in morrisons quite cheap to so im bearing this in mind for the future but does anyone know how long it lasts the cradle cap?xx

My HV said if you just leave it it *can* hang around till they're 2!

Well Ive bought some shampoo to try.

My older son had it as a toddler and. I got his off with conditioner and a not comb! Never came back again.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Its bloody horrible isnt it ? AyeshaD I wouldn't shave his head my oldest was pretty bald anyway and still had it ! Plus its too cold x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back