Cradle cap?

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Ruby has some dry scaly skin on her head,as she still has no hair its very noticeable....She was post term so was really dry and flaky when born and for a few weeks after thatbut we used aquious (sp?) cream,andnow she has beautiful skin.

Could it be cradle cap? Whats best way to treat it? xxx

Sounds like cradle cap. Baby oil or almond oil at night, but put something over the sheet to protect it!

:hug:

Dylan has dry flaky skin on his scalp .we were advised to use olive oil by m/w and it works great..i know KK has used the same thing

Gabs sufferes with dry skin/eczema. She also develop a bit on her head and we used oliver oil when she was young and dentinox cradle cap shampoo. It's all clear now but we have continued to use the dentinox cradle cap shampoo; it's good stuff. :D

Keeley's never had Cradle cap...(my mum thinks its cos i use soo much shampoo :lol: )

But i have heard that the shampoos for it are really good :D
I would try them

:hug:

Debs' cradle cap is a bit stubborn so we massage her head with vaseline, then rub most off with a tissue. This gets rid of all the loose bits. She then has her shampoo with dentinox and after we dry her hair I put olive oil in. I also put it on first thing in the morning and the cradle cap is clearing up nicely. Certainly not as dry as it was and some days it's almost gone.

I found the best thing was to put vaseline over Jakes head and then after about half an hour wash it out (can take a few washes if they have got hair as it doesn't come out that easy). I then just picked the loose bits off. I done this about four times and after that it dissapeared. Before that I tried using cradle cap shampoo but it didn't seem to be working. You could maybe use the vaseline and wash it out with the cradle cap shampoo.

Tina & Gabs said:
Gabs sufferes with dry skin/eczema. She also develop a bit on her head and we used oliver oil when she was young and dentinox cradle cap shampoo. It's all clear now but we have continued to use the dentinox cradle cap shampoo; it's good stuff. :D

i agree luke had a bit of cradle cap and we used this and it cleared up within a few days and we still use it to keep it away.

I agree Dentinox shampoo cleared Brody's up within a couple of washes! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back