Cow and gate or aptimil???

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
We've had Mia on cow and hate for about 4 weeks now, initially on powdered formula then moved on the ready made which seems to stay down a bit better. Although she is still sick I've heard a lot of good things about aptimil and we are considering changing. What do you think? Is there much difference?

Midwives told me there is very little difference between the two as I considered changing as I kept hearing aptimil was better. So I've stuck to cow and gate xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friend works on SCBU and says there is no difference between the 2, their even made in the same factory apparently!

I thought all over the counter formula had to be the same standard by law ?

I've heard that Hipp formula milk is very good, this came as a recommendation if I wasn't BF x

We used hipp after trying amptimil and it not agreeing with lo

Aptamil all the way for me, my lo was ill on C&G and SMA x

Cow and Gate here and never had any problems.
As someone else said, they are pretty much the same as by law they have to contain certain levels of vitamins etc.

Mine is on SMA gold - she's much better on that than aptamil.

Strangely the midwife said that aptamil is a thinner consistency to cow&gate and sma?!

Do you reckon that aptimil would be worse for a reflux baby if it has a thinner consistency? I'd heard good things about the hipp organic. I don't know why we are thinking of changing really, just that we had heard aptimil was the best but I've looked at the ingredients in both and there is only two ingredients where aptimil has a higher amount apart from that they are almost identical!!!
I'm not sure any formula is going to totally 'fix' Mia anyway. I think she will always be a bit sicky until she's older :(

I have seen some reflux milk in boots, no idea what's in it or if it works??

we use aptamil x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

AJ had Reflux and the aptimal comfort has been partially hydrolised so it breaks down quicker in the tummy.

Aptamil for us - on checking the ingredients bfore changing the quantities are different, a vast difference to Sofia's reflux when we switched from c&g

I tried the reflux one and it came up again lol. Maybe I didn't give it enough time but Mia gets on better with ready made than powdered so I'm reluctant to try it again at the mo as she is at least keeping some milk down now! I may brave it again once she is gaining weight well. My dad wonders if it's our water that doesn't agree with her tummy as its really chlorine tasting. Sothe ready made is my best one so far!

Aptamil for us - on checking the ingredients bfore changing the quantities are different, a vast difference to Sofia's reflux when we switched from c&g

Think ill give it a try then. Can always change back! Did you just use the normal one? X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back