cow &gate question.

Stella_25

Reaction score
Hi there,,, just a question... On advice from my midwife i'm changing Lucy's Milk from SMA GOLD to COW&GATE, with the sma gold i would pre do the feeds and store thwm in the fridge.,,, but on the back of the tin on cow&gate it says to use feeds within 1 hour? so can I not pre do them? seems a pain the bum if i cant make the bottles up in advanced?
If any one can help me with this I would be most greatful x x

I think the advice for most milk now is to make them up as you need them but I never have. You can make cow and gate up in the exact same way and store it for up to 24 hours in the fridge. Thats what I've always done anyway :D

Thanks Kellie for the reply... I phoned up cow and gate...lol and asked them and they said they do not advise to store them in the fridge... but said I could put cooled bolied water into the bottles leave them on the side ( there fine to leave for 24 hours) and when Lucy needs a feed just add the milk.... so not to bad, I just hope these feeds fill her up :)

hi christopher is on cow and gate and i make his up in the night and store them in the fridge i know your not supposed to but as long as your fridge is the correct temperature and you dont store them in the door part its fine my HV nearly had a fit when she found out but she actually advised me about it in the end the main worry is that some peoples fridges are not cold enough and that babies were getting ill from it or they were storing them in the door which doesnt get as cold as the rest of the fridge
just do what is right for you xxxxxxxx

With my first son we did all the bottles in advance, usually the night before, and stored them in the fridge.

With George from the start I've only made up the bottles with cooled boiled water and put that in the fridge. Again I'll make up 3 or 4 bottles of water in advance. When he's hungry I warm the water then add the milk as/when he's ready. If we are going out I take the cold boiled water and get it warmed up before again adding the milk (which I usually carry in a little formula tupperware type box).

It's easy when you get into the routine of it, whatever method you choose, good luck.

Sabrina

I used cow and gate comfort for Isaac and I used to store the cooled boiled water in the fridge but always less than I needed then when you want to make a feed rather than warm the water up you can just boil the kettle and top up the water to the number of oz you want and the bottle will be just the right temperature to add formula and give to your baby. If I remember rightly I used to add 2oz of boiling water to 5oz of cold water but don't take my word for it...you'd need to try it and see the right amounts of hot and cold.

oh and my OH caught me putting hot bottles in the fridge once and went mad, I didnt know but it cocks the whole temperature of the fridge up. You have to let them cool first.

Lou :D

i also phoned cow and gate when amber was first born and i got different advice. they told me i could store them in the fridge no problem but they had to be used within 24 hours. SO that is what i have done ever since no problem.

My midwife did suggest just warming pre pepared bottles with just water in and then adding the milk but found this was to much faffing around when she was crying or during the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back