Cow and Gate

Candygirl

Reaction score
I have been using the ready made cow and gate.
If I change to the powder formula, do you think that it will make a difference in terms of winds, amount he drinks, poo, etc??

The ready made one is proving to work out quite costly.....but dont want to change to powder if its going to cause problems...I would rather eat beans and toast for a whole week if I have to :lol:

nah you'll be fine !

lelands on powdered hipp organic but ive a few aptamil ready made for if we get caught short out and about and he has no problem with that !

no i use both and he's exactly the same, he is really windy all the time tho :lol:

yeh as long as you swap to the same powder it wont make a difference at all. Just buy the cartons for when you go out.

Infact about a month ago i changed my son from the cow and gate no1 (green box) to the cow and gate comfort (yellow and blue box) and he was fine with the change, apart from he does extra stinky turbo poos now! :puke: :rotfl:

sage , lelands fine even on not same powder , hipp dont do lil cartoons :( ooooo i rember comfort poo's there awfull lol

I bought a tub of cow and gate comfort
Now my question is - can I make up the feeds and keep them in the fridge as I was doing with the ready made formula or do I have to make up each feed as I need it (this will be a pain in the butt)

ok can i ask why youve brought comfort ? does your lil one suffer from relfux or something else ? its just thats a heavy forumla for a newborn and not needed if there is nothing wrong , sorry i dont know how old your lil one is , you need a new tickers :wink:

oh and be prepared for him to change with comfort , you will get the most awfull green poo ! you also will find it hard to feed with a size 1 teat as its much thicker .

oh my god :shock:
cant believe how clueless I am on this stuff
I bought it cos it said on the box its thicker so not as much air goes in while feeding which I thought may be the reason for him being so windy and screaming during the feed....

Baby is 8 days old :oops:

thanks redshoes but as his 3 weeks corrected got a bit of a weight lol

candy dont worry it wont do no harm but it will be hard work for your lil one to drink , spec with size 1 teat :hug: if u not used it swop it for the norm

try infacol for wind , or gripe water

we all beem there , i learmt from trial n error were now on our 3rd forumla which he seems to like !

I gave Korbyn 3 bottles of the cow and gate comfort formula last night and all I can say is - ITS AMAZING
He was fine sucking it through the teat and he slept so nicely. He did not scream with wind once and the winds seemed to come up a lot easier.....

Thanks for all your help ladies :lol:

see i said it wouldnt do no harm! now ur stuck with paying the 8.30 a tub for it tho :rotfl:

i wish it had of worked for leland honestly !

My little one didnt find it hard to drink at all not if you give them the right teat. I use medium flow teats from asda and he has absolutely no problem drinking it and they are suitable from birth. hes made a 95% improvement and was a happier child all over. The fact that it is thicker and slower to drink helps him no end. he was just guzzling the green formula and it just made his belly really bad. If id of found out about comfort milk when he was 8 days old i would have swapped no questions asked. I guess it depends on the child but i would definately recommend it. the £8.29 is well worth it not to have a screaming baby! Actually its £9.19 where i get it from!! :shock:

Evie has been on C&G comfort 1 for a while now and she's a much happier baby... hardly any wind anymore and no nasty projectile vomiting! thank god!!!!

I use a medium flow teat and she takes her feeds brilliantly with those x

It seems a lot cheaper than the ready made milk and I think you get more out..... If it means baby is happier then I dont care about the cost - even tho the idea of changing to the powder was because of the cost (and because he is so windy)...

Thanks for all your replies ladies :)

Another cow and gate fan!

I love cow and gate milks and foods, both my son and daughter thrive/ed on them.
The milk is fantastic, both kids had very little colic - my youngest has never had problems with wind, sickness, reflux.She loves her milk bless her.

And the foods great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back