Cow and gate or aptimil???

My friend works on SCBU and says there is no difference between the 2, their even made in the same factory apparently!

Yes that's true, if you look on the packaging it's made by the same firm in Trowbridge and the ingredients are identical xx

The ingredients - but not the quantities, one is more whey based, they are definately different even if it is slight as S was ill on sma gold and i was told quietly by my hv that this is a common reaction and that Aptamil was the way to go and we havent looked back, it is the 4th milk she has been on - and took to it straight away :D yes just the normal one hun xx

If you think your water may have something to do with it, have you tried filtering it first? Just a thought x

I got told all 1st milks are more or less the same. I use SMA gold and we are fine.
My friends little boy was quite bad with reflux and she used the blue SMA, and it helped her a lot xxx

we used cow n gate after farleys is no longer available in the uk and my LO was fine on it apart from the explosive poo's we swapped to apatamil and that actualy made him a lot worse and he was crying in pain with bowel issues as it was even more over stimulated from that milk!! so swapped back to cow n gate which was easer although we later found out he had a lactose intolerent and according to my doctor aptamil has a higher level of lactose in it compared to other brands

the choice is yours but i would say if your LO is ok with what there on at the min why change and upset their routine xxx

If you think your water may have something to do with it, have you tried filtering it first? Just a thought x

Yeah we did think of that but haven't tried it yet. As for why change, Mia is still being sick despite being on several medications and I'm just keen to see if there is a milk that will suit her better or if they are all just going to come back up!! I just know from reading on here that some are better than others and some make babies sick more than others. It's just interesting to find out although I know what suits one won't suit another. It's all trial and error!

I tried the reflux one and it came up again lol. Maybe I didn't give it enough time but Mia gets on better with ready made than powdered so I'm reluctant to try it again at the mo as she is at least keeping some milk down now! I may brave it again once she is gaining weight well. My dad wonders if it's our water that doesn't agree with her tummy as its really chlorine tasting. Sothe ready made is my best one so far!

hey hun, my little girl had reflux and i choose apatmil for her, you will always have a spill of sick every now and again. but i would hope your doctor has even you something to help her refulx x x x

No matter what hunni, with refulx they will always be sick, just get reduced with the right milk for her. It can last til they are 18 months old. medication should help x x x

No matter what hunni, with refulx they will always be sick, just get reduced with the right milk for her. It can last til they are 18 months old. medication should help x x x

This is true - Aptamil just happens to be the one that suits her best - cow & gate she was a lot more sick, and sma gold was actually ill, green poo and very bad tummy xx

yeah she has gaviscon, ranitidine and domperidone. I'm sure she will still be sick but anything to improve it is a bonus. so far she has taken to aptamil really well and is drinking more too. Hate to say it cos i jinx things but no sick today yet and last night she slept from 8.30 til 5 then back down til 8. thats the best night yet!! Watch this space!!

I use Hipp Organic and changed to Aptamil but didnt suit so changed back to Hipp and she has been fine, she has a touch of reflux which neither milk would fix really i think its all down to the baby :) xx

I use SMA hungry baby milk had no problems with it x

my daughter had them meds too hun, at 6 and a half months refulx had gone it will slowly decrease as she gets older x x x

my daughter had them meds too hun, at 6 and a half months refulx had gone it will slowly decrease as she gets older x x x

Me and hubby were saying today how do you know when to stop the medication? Obviously we will just wait until the consultant tells us to but how do you know when they are ready to come off it? I hate giving her all these drugs so young. She's been on them since 3 weeks old!

same hun, she was 2 weeks old you stop when there has been a 2 week period of no sick to ween off the medication. you will no when to take her off. its hard i know and the amount of washing i dont miss. it will stop but it does take time hun. and her medication will be helping as its the strongest they can give a child so young x x x

We had gavisgon too, only that though as her reflux isn't severe but like you I don't really like giving to her so stopped after two weeks on aptamil, still sicky, but better than before Xx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

thanks for that info. so far aptamil seems to be suiting her better. she is taking more and not being sick! she is sleeping longer too which is a bonus! will stick with it and see how we go. we see the consultant again in just over 2 weeks so if the she is still not being sick will see what he says! x

Thats great news hun! Fingers crossed it continues!!

My lo is on aptamil but he's quite a sicky baby.

XX

I spoke too soon, been a bit sicky today. That's how it seems to go tho. One good, one bad. Getting used to it now lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back