not impressed with midwife appt today

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
had midwife appt today but my normal lovely midwife wasnt there i had some other women and her student,
she refused to do my bloods which peed me off as now i have to go to hospital to get them done which is bad enough
then the student tested my wee and it had sugar in it the midwife fobbed it off even though ive never had sugar in it before she said theres not need to worry if im not messuring big, the student then messured me and guess what im messuring bigger only by 2cm bt still, she dint say anything about it just looked at me
then she asked if ive had any swelling i replied yes lots to the point were i cant get my rings off now somedays and people keep saying how my face is swollen, she checks my bp and its high for me prob not high for anyone else but much higher then mine normaly is
again she said nothing just said its fine!!!
i may be paranoid and worring over nothing but i have symtoms of very serious problems
not once did she ask me if i was feeling ok in myself or if ive had any problems she just wanted me out there asap
am hoping my normal midwife is back next time i go
so yep a pretty bad appt for me
hope everyones had a better day then me
manda xx

Has she not booked you another appointment for a few days time if your BP is up?

Babylicious said:
Has she not booked you another appointment for a few days time if your BP is up?

nope just said il book you in to see midwife in 2 weeks as normal
she could easily see what my bp is anyother time so not sure why she said its ok
i give up might just make a dr's appt next week or something as been feeling rough anyways
manda xx

how high was it? I'd be tempted to call my gp or the antenatal day unit at the hospital

Manda,

Could you call and ask for your normal midwife to call you back, and tell her that you're retaining water, and that sugar was in your sample... and u are a bit worried?? Rather than waiting 2 weeks....
I would if I was a bit worried......
:hug: :hug:

she probably got asked to cover for your normal midwife and couldn't be arsed to be there which is apalling :x

I'd make an appointment with your gp and ask him/her to double check your blood pressure and tell them about the other symptoms.

Sorry you had a bad appointment :hug: :hug:

I agree with Suzi, ask for your own midwife to call you back or ask to speak to your GP xxxx Dont wait two weeks or call your community office if there is one

my midwife is sick so dont really want to bother her, its not high for anyone else just high for me as its normaly quite low
i dont have headaches or anything so not too worried just cant belive the lack of care the midwife had
will go see my dr on monday if i start getting headaches or anything then il ring up the hospital as they are quite good
thanks everyone
manda xx

It's always a pain when you get someone different, my midwife couldn't make our appointment this monday so sent someone else, she was 45 mins late, i was just about to walk out the door and go to work!!!!

She wanted to knwo why my normal midwife came to my house all the time, and if I had a sample ready, but I always get given the stick to pee on when she gets there (which this one wasn't happy about either) then when it cam to feeling where the baby was so couldn't find which way round he was so said "i'll just put he's head down" i felt like saying NO IF HE'S NOT THEN PLEASE DON'T PUT IT!!!

I really do feel for you Manda it's very annoying as your normal midwife obviously knows you and the other one couldn't really be bothered the same as mid subsistute!!!

oh hun sorry you had a shit appointment :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I think someone else mentioned going to see your GP. Maybe that would be a good idea, just to put your mind at rest as 2 weeks is too long to be worrying, also ask if they can get the nurse in the surgery to do the bloods

xx

Sorry your app was naff. I had a pregnancy related appointment with my GP and he was useless. - I guess it was supposed to be a normal check-up - the midwife told me to follow the schedule in my notes so i did.
He told me i didn't need to be there.
He then really didn't do much at all.

grrrrrr, definately get a 2nd opinion if you feel unwell xxxx :hug:

i think thats terrible, you have several slight indicators of a potential problem , however small the probability is it should still be checked out :? ..as my midwife said, whats the point of doing all the tests, if when something slightly other-than-average comes up, nothing is done about it?

thats really bad care. if symptoms continue get checked out she sounds hopless.

marie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back