• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cot or moses basket

pixie17

Reaction score
Just wondering if any mums are putting their newborn stright into the cot as opposed to a Moses basket?

I won't be, chances are at 3 am feeds if I have to lean too far down I am liable to end up face first in the bottom of the cot. I'm going for a swinging crib or basket/basinette xxxxxx

Glad you asked this as my OH is insisting we buy a moses basket as well xx

I'm getting a Moses basket to have in my room to make feeding easier xx

Moses basket at first studies say baby should be in the room with you t first for about 6 months and once baby is here you won't want to be too far away from him/her xxx

We have bought a really cute basinette travel cot for him to use for the first 6 months in our room :)

Ive got a moses basket to use for the first 6 months and then will move into a cot. Purely because I can pick and move the moses basket upstairs or downstairs so just seems easier xx

We had one with my 1st but he hated it, at 2 month he was in cot in our room and he loves his cot but I'm going to buy a new one and try again if anything it makes life easier for you and Lo can sleep in it downstairs too.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

some mums have said they used a travel cot for the first few months in their room, then they went in the cot in their own room. the travel cot was still used a year, 2 years later when visiting family and as a playpen in the day. what do you think?

I have both too. Cos the baby will be in my room for first 6 months and its easier than building the cot and having to move it afterwards. Plus as loopylouise says you can lift the basket off when they are sleeping then, say if you need to move them from upstairs to downstairs x

going straight for the cot!! 1st baby loved moses basket, but hated the cot and sleep patterns were disturbed and he never slept through again til he was 3, 2nd baby went straight in a cot and loved it and alway slept!! so down to personal experiences i am opting for the cot on baby no3 too :)

We've got a bedside crib, and we're going to use the carrycot from the pram for baby to sleep in downstairs during the day

I'm going for the moses basket for the first 6 months and will move on to the cot. x

I was going to do moses basket for first 3 months, but see how we go if they need to then 6 months.

See I'm going to have a cot in the bedroom (with a drop down rail for easy feeding) for him to sleep in at night and I have got a moses basket for in the day time

I will hopefully be using a moses basket for the first few months as its easier to move around. I must admit its taken me some time to decide on one as they are really expensive and some of them I have seen have been awful !....I've been doing some research online and have found an alternative which is made out of flexible plastic which makes it easy to clean and its 10% bigger than a standard moses basket so it should last a little longer so I may go for one of those. There are too many choices to make when you are buying baby equipment glad thats another off my list !.....next to choose the cot !!!!

I'm going straight in the cot. Will use the moses basket for downstairs and daytime naps. Cot means night time.

Just wondering if any mums are putting their newborn stright into the cot as opposed to a Moses basket?

Hi Pixie17
No Cot is not a place where to put a newborn baby. Cot will be too big for newborn. I could recommend to take a crib or bedside crib. Crib is perfect for my little one. We bought bedside crib from one Scandinavian company and we LOVE it. I have to say that there are benefits. Better bonding – if baby is restless during the night, it is easier for mum to comfort them as they are within arms reach. Supported breastfeeding – sleeping close to your baby helps to make breastfeeding at night time easier as there is no need to get out of bed. This can help lead to a more successful breastfeeding relationship. Having your baby sleeping along side you will benefit for mums who have had a caesarean or who have mobility problems after childbirth.
I hope my tip will help you. Good luck.

Cheers

Thanks to my sisters having had lots of babies I have a hand me down swinging crib, cot and my parents are buying me a Moses basket - no idea what I'll use yet but at least I have options lol!!

Wil have both but mostly wil b using the Moses basket

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back