Crib, cot or moses basket - or all three?

LauraKC

Reaction score
Wonder if you lovely ladies can advise me. We already have a cot which our friends gave us. We were planning on getting a moses basket for when baba is little. Is this best or have you gone for the crib option? Saw a lovely crib reduced to £30 last night and hubbie wanted to get it but i said wont a moses basket be more practical for transporting etc?

:|

I like the idea of a moses basket for downstairs and a crib for our bedroom. Then when the baby is ready for a cot I'll buy one :)

I live in a tiny 1 bed flat so space is very limited, I am just getting a bedside cot which also means I won't need to worry about the changeover!

I'm just gonna get a moses basket & a cot - she'll stay in the moses basket for a couple of weeks and then i'll transfer her to her cot :D

I'm going to have the moses basket with me wherever I am whether that be upstairs or downstairs 8)

I am going for a cot and moses basket for the same reason, transposrt also somewhere for little one to sleep if we go visit anyone.

Must just be that wants all 3 then. Im just greedy

LOL
I'd have it all if we could afford it !!!I know that want thing so well

I'm just having moses basket and cot.

Won't really be transporting the moses basket around will saty downstairs in the day and then go upstairs at night to begin with.

Our lo also has a baby hammock! OH loves them and has his own in the back garden so he's hoping that Sam will lie outside next to his in the Summer but it will also double as a travel cot :D

61_1.jpg

Our lo also has a baby hammock!

OMG that is so gorgeous....

just replied to your post put the quote up no message god find me my brain back LOL :rotfl:

how great is the hammock - i want one now (well i guess i'll need 2!!!!) :D

we are still undecided about cots etc. not sure whether to sleep both babies together in 1 cot or if we'll need seperate ones. :?

Hi,

For each of our 3 previous babies we have started with Moses basket and then put the moses basket into the cot to get them used to being in the cot and then transferred them out of the cot.

It's quite easy to move a moses basket upstairs in the evening if you are keeping baby downstairs during the day.

I don't know that there is much point in paying for a crib as well though. Many babies only stay in moses baskets for a few weeks because they grow out of them so quickly - my 2 boys were only in theirs for a matter of 5 or 6 weeks.

HTH

Heather x

twinmummy2be said:
we are still undecided about cots etc. not sure whether to sleep both babies together in 1 cot or if we'll need seperate ones. :?

Hi,

I am a twin, and my mum always tells of the story that we (my sister and I) had to be kept in separate cots, and one of us was actually put in the bathroom (in the cot) to save waking the other up in the night!!

It's a nice thought to have your babies sleep together, but I would think that it would mean that your babies would start to rely on each others company too much. And also, they may wake each other up when otherwise they wouldn't if they were in their own space. Just a thought. Have you asked any other twin mums what they do? I am just giving my thoughts from what my mum has said, it could be totally different for someone else.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread!!

Heather x

My mum gave me the swinging crib she used for me and my sis when we were born, when i had Jaycee and it was so cute! Was too scared to let it swing incase it fell over, but it had a lock for it to be steady which was great! She wasnt in it long so im glad i didnt buy a new one or a moses. Ill be using that one for this bubs too.. Cotbed was the best buy for Jaycee, she loves it! My mum has my cot (the one i used as a baby) at her house for Jaycee to sleep in when i stay over and she's always uncomfortable in it as theres not much room for her bless! She likes a wriggle lol! Plus as its a cotbed u can take the sides off and it turns into a junior bed which is up to 7 years! Its the winnie the pooh one from argos, £200. Its great! Perfect amount of room for her to move about, and wasnt too big when she was a baby either!
So i'd recommend a cotbed, not a cot :)

twinmummy2be said:
how great is the hammock - i want one now (well i guess i'll need 2!!!!) :D

What I did is a moses basket each but they still wouldn't sleep, they always had to be sooo close!

When they were 6 weeks old my m/w told me to put one of the cotbeds up and put them in the same cot in their own room.

Miraculous advise, they just wanted to be together...all they'd ever been used to! Slept through the night more or less from then...the first 6 weeks were hell may I add and it is true, one wakes when the other has just fallen sleep.

I loved my m/w from that moment!

Even when they were a bit older and big enough for their own cots, we used to have to push them together so that they could hold hands through the bars :D

forgot to mention that you can get hammocks from ebay, a lot cheaper than blooming marvellous etc..about half the price! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back