bedside cots?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Magic Monkey, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Magic Monkey

Magic Monkey Well-Known Member

I am thinking of getting a bedside cot, and not bothering with a crib or moses basket, what do people think? Are they a gimmick, or do you think they are worth the extra money?

2. Manda&Thomas

Manda&Thomas Well-Known Member

whats a bedside cot??
    manda xx

3. Tegala-7thMarch08

Tegala-7thMarch08 Well-Known Member

whats the difference i thought u can put normal cots by your bed im confused :| lol

4. Tegala-7thMarch08

will u hurry up an pop allready lol i actually want to see what he/she looks like.... u have to take a pic with lil devil horn on lol that wud be soo cute...

sorry totally of the subject hehe

5. kelsey

kelsey Well-Known Member

I've got a bedside cot. I like them coz u put the base of them to match your bed and there's no barrier between you and the baby.

I used it on the youngest (14 months now) and I will use it again when this one comes along. Personally I think its worth it as you can use it as a bedside cot or a dropside cot, but everyone is different.

Btw - A bedside cot is one which the one side is able to slide underneath the cot or to the other side of the cot, hence it only has three sides when you do this. Then it is put right next to your bed.

Here found this
    http://www.babycare-direct.co.uk/cots.html

6. Tegala-7thMarch08

i think im gunna stck 2 a normal cot i might roll onto him or push him away in my sleep im too clumsy like that thanks for the insight though :) learn something new everyday :)

7. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I think they're a good idea, especially if you're breast feeding. Unfortunately there's not enough room beside our bed for one as our room is so small.

Don't actually know where the cot is gonna go yet, might have to rip out the fitted wardrobe. (OH is really happy about it cos he hates it and has been looking for an excuse for ages, he doesn't use the wardrobe, his clothes live in a pile on the floor :roll: )

8. Tegala-7thMarch08

order a big fat vindaloo :)