cot or moses basket

This is my second. I had a moses and cot bed which was in his bedroom. We used moses for up and downstairs, used to bring it down everyday then up when i was going to bed or when he was a few months old when he went to bed. I also used a travel cot when he was about 5 months n too big for moses. Ive just bought a crib which is big enough to defo last the 6 months and will use moses downstairs, then move baby to its own room at 6 months like last time. So ive got a cotbed, crib and moses lol xx

We're using a moses basket as we've bought a cot bed for the baby for her room and it won't fit in our bedroom. If I had seen them earlier though i think I'd have gone for one of those travel cots with the newborn bassinette thingy on the top so it can be used for both in the bedroom and travelling when baby is bigger.
I just bought a fairly cheap moses basket as I didn't want to spend a small fortune for something that we'll only use for a matter of weeks!
x

I used Moses with both my girls n as still a/v my daughters 3 lol I will use them lol xx

I'm using his pram top for first few months then his cot :) saves money!
X

Ok I feel greedy now lol ..... I have ordered cot for nursery! Moses basket for downstairs! and swinging crib for bedroom!

A bit ott :)

We ended up with neither as LO wouldnt sleep alone and we ended up bed sharing instead. Lol

^ anyone else done this bed sharing? I've heard it's a massive no no ?

I will get a Moses basket so it's moveable around the house, also when my friend used to come around with my god son for the evening on a weekend they would bring his Moses basket so he would settle and sleep- most of the time he would stay asleep after he was put in his car seat to go home late at night lol bless him

will have a cot bed for 6+ months ish in nursery of course :)

My son was in a Moses basket for 3 months then needed to go in a cot as he was too big for the basket. But he loved the basket, it was smaller than a cot and more mobile so we used to just carry him to bed in it. Also, I think they feel more secure in there after the womb before going straight into a big cot.

It's fine as long as you don't drink, take drugs or use a heavy duvet and lots of pillows. Even the HV said it was perfectly fine as long as you kept the above in mind. It did save me having to get up to feed her in the night a I could just lie on my side and feed her so probably saved me lots of sleep. Falling asleep with the baby on the sofa or armchair is the dangerous big no-no, that's when most overlaying accidents happen. If you just compare cot to safe bed sharing then they're at least equally safe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back