cot/crib/moses baseket/carrycot?????

Loulabelle

Reaction score
Im confused!!!!

I live in a 4 bed house that is quite big, and Im really not sure what sleeping options to go for! I will be having a cot in the nursery but the baby will be sleeping in our room to begin with, and also do I need an option downstairs to keep the baby in during the day??

Is it best to go for a moses basket which can just be carried upstairs? or is it better to take the baby out and carry the baby up, rather than the basket? Our pram has a carrycot, but I think a moses basket or crib would look much nicer in my cosy living room!!

This is probably really obvious but it's really confusing me, and my OH asks me expecting me to have all the answers - I think he forgets that I've never done this before either!

What's everyone else gone for?

Thanks, Lou xxx
:wall2:

We have a Moses basket downstairs and his cot in our bedroom though he's usually in bed with me! The only problem with crib and Moses basket is they're so small! Seb's only 4 weeks old and he's nearly outgrown his! He is very long though!

I have a cot, Moses basket and bouncy chair. So in the day baby will be either in the reclined chair or Moses basket. At the 7 pm bedtime baby will be put to sleep in it's room in it's cot... So it gets used to the room/cot. Then baby will be moved to our room in Moses basket for tge rest if tge night.

im going to be in a flat so down stairs and upstairs dont really affect me, however i would say Cot in the nursery and moses basket in ur room and then transport that up and down stairs. Easier than getting the child in and out risking on waking them up.

I have moses basket and stand which rocks so be using that in living room with his bouncy chair, and cot in our bedroom. Still need to sort out his room. I live in a flat, ground floor x so using the spare room as a dumping ground at the minute x

we have moses basket for downstairs and whilst by bed then he will be in his cot in his own room when big enough

i mormally have moses basket in our bedroom and swinging crib downstairs then when baby is bigger i just transfer from the moses basket to the cot but the crib can be used for longer as ther are bigger than a moses basket and have higher sides

I've got 2 cribs...only cos 1 was given to me and the other was an eBay bargain lol. I'm gonna have 1 upstairs and 1 down,i had carrycot/Moses basket in the past and after about a week it becomes a pain to take it up and down stairs,especially cos I had a section last time xx

Moses basket will b next to my bed til bby gets to 3/4 months then put in cot which will be at the end of my bed.
And a bouncer chair will b in the living room.

hey! baby will not have own room in my current living circumstances - i will have cot in my room, moses basket too for up and downstairs (i guess i just carry it lol) and i have a bouncy chair and a swing which will go in my living room or wherever i am at the time i guess. my nan keeps trying to get me to use their old crib but i dont really need it :/ x

I have a moses basket for the first few weeks then baby will be going in their own room possibly with me :)

I think half the problem is theire is so much choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back