Moses basket, crib or both?!

We have a cot bed & Moses basket. I nearly got a crib too but we have a bungalow so don't need one really :) v.excited got our cot bed today!x

We are going to have a moses basket for downstairs and baby will prob sleep in that too at night with us for the first 3 months, then I'l start seeing if he/she will sleep in its cot in the nursery...

It's so hard to decide!! Think practically we will end up with a cotbed, crib and moses baket!!cotbed is up and in nursery already, just can't see me carrying a moses basket and stand up and down stairs, we have a dog so need the stand...cribs appeal as the baby lasts longer in them but 6months seems a long time for baby to be in with us but that's the recommendation! X

I have a Moses basket and cot bed.. Luckily we have a coach house so it's all on one floor otherwise I'd probably use the "travel cot" part of the pram too if we had a downstairs.

Thanks everyone, suppose different things will suit different people depending on what type of house you live I. And space available!!
Decided tonight on a baby bouncer chair for snoozes downstairs and a crib in with us then the cot bed is in the nursery.....if we find we need more sleeping facilities downstairs we could buy a moses basket then, plus we are team neutral so at least we can chose something to suit boy/girl once baby is born!!!! X

I am not so sure about naps in the bouncer. Young babies are suppose to stay no more than 2 h in a bouncer/car seat etc ?
I was thinking about that too but decided against it. I saw on a thread somewhere that napping on the playgym may be safer??
Wish those babies were coming with manuals lol....

The bouncer we looked at has 2 settings for laying or upright?? We can't could always get a Moses basket still as going to need the bouncer too...x

Were all on one level so its quite easy for us.
We have a moses basket and will use it in both the lounge and our bedroom. We can also use the carrycot off the pram if needed too.

as we are in our good sized, 1 bed house at the mo (buying bigger house this time next year), we are having a cot in our room ( plenty of room) and a moses basket to use downstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back