Controlled crying...may need some help :)

I'm glad he settles better at night.
Can u see the signs when he start getting tired? That's when to put him down, I found it hard to put Noa down if he's overtired or not tired enough, that's why he don't nap on set times
Good luck tho x

yeah but he's weird with tired signs as he will show them and then 5 mins later be fine... he used to sleep so much but it's all change atm.

put him down over 10 mins ago, it's much better than ever for a nap, there's been crying but periods of 2 mins here and there of quiet. I don't think he's standing up. quiet again now. Went in after 5 mins just to shh for 20 seconds and then left him. Think I will just leave him....

hope to post in half an hour with some BIG SMILEY FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXX

He is asleep!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
Ladies I could kiss you all! Thank you so much! Feel like shouting it in the streets (which of course I will not as that may wake him up!)

12 mins of crying in total.

Now to make 3 different dips for the sil's birthday tomorrow!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:yay: Glad its worked for you!

I did controlled crying and she only cried before naps and bedtime for about a week and not for long at all and now she doesn't cry at all before naps.

Its fantastic when they finally get to sleep!

I am actually buzzing from the happiness! It's crazy. I can see how amazing it is, they have to learn to do it themselves so fingers crossed. Ii can cope with 10 mins of crying before each nap, maybe one day like the other little pickles he will just go down and not cry.
Can't get through to my husband at work to tell him but it's been over 2 weeks since Owen has gone to sleep in his cot for a nap!

xxxxx

Don't know what I would do without this place and you guys xx

He woke after half an hour today then after 40 mins was clearly still tired so I put him back and he cired for 15 mins then slept for almost 2 hours and I had to wake him up!
Tonight he cried for about 30 seconds!
Now I guess we'll get a new tooth or something and it'll all go tits up!!

xxx

I havent tried this, but apparently the reason they wake after 30/40 minutes is because thats the time of a normal sleep cycle. So if you leave them in the cot without going in to them (less theyre really crying) for another 30 minutes theyll soon realise that they should be sleeping during that time and they learn to sleep longer.

I dont understand it myself but after 30 minutes I always hear my LO stirring and she'll then drift off back to sleep. Something to look up maybe :) Glad its all going well for you though. When the sleeping is sorted it feels like your life has just done a 180!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back