Consultant said ......

evajo

Reaction score
I had my appt with consultant today because my mw said i was LFD measuring three weeks over. Well another mw measured me today at 33 cms - 2 weeks under then consultant measured me at 36cms - 1 weeks over - so for anyone worried about measurements it just shows how innacurate they are. I am leaning towards consultants measurements as its in line with my 28 weeks measurement.
Anyway to cut a long story short he was very sensible asked me if i felt big compared to last three - i said no - asked if i was worried at size of babe - i said no and he said i tend to take mothers judgments and signed me off for home birth:dance: So excited that alls been okayed by consultant and mw will have to listen so no talk of induction or going to hospital can just relax and carry on with nesting that has ruled my days recently!

Yay! Glad you will get your home birth xxx

Wahoo! There's hope for me yet then! lol! I'm back at the MW next Fri so I might beg her to send me off to someone else if i'm still measuring 4 weeks ahead. I've heard that Fundal Height Measurements weren't always accurate - suppose this just proves it! lol! Glad everything's ok :) X

Thats a good idea Tasha what suprised me the most was mw last week said they measure fundal height to the top of uterus and mw today said that was wrong and they measure to the top of babe! So i suppose that why there were 4-5 weeks difference in measurements! When she measured me today i could tell she didn't have top of babe and told her (cos it hurt me and prob babe) - she was lovely but really rough and said she did have top - well she obviously didn't because less than 5 mins later the consutant wrote 36 and scribbled out her 33!!!

Lol - They don't know anything do they?! :roll:

Nevermind - at least you don't have to worry anymore! :) I'll let you know how I get on once I see my MW next week x

:dance: Great news about being able to have a home birth!!!

goes to show they're not always right aswell eh!! :lol: Nice that he asked you aswell and didn't just assume he knew best :)

ah thats fab, sounds like a consultant with common sense!!! :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back