Consultant led.

vegas

Reaction score
Had a midwife appointment yesterday and she told me I'll be consultant led from now on as my first baby had a lower than predicted birth weight. Means I'll get more scans. Anyone else the same?

I'm consultant led after having pre eclampsia and my first was very small plus I've had 2 c sections lol

I'm going to be consultant led but due to a major hammorage last pregnancy.

I am consultant led due to stillbirth and my placenta failing :(

I'm consultant led as had preterm baby at 32 weeks, footling breech position so emergency section plus they found a tumour at 30 weeks and this time I have a big fibroid that's popped up! I had a mmc too so have extra early scans xx did they say what else it means as I've not heard yet I'm just going for regular scan at hosp next week, I've already been dated at my 8 week scan do it's purely for the nuchal/downs testing then I meet with my midwife at 16wks. Maybe later on it means more checks xx

I've had it confirmed. I'm under joint care consultant led for now but if all goes well midwife will take over at the end. So I have the midwife led birth center as my no. 1. Choice to give birth. Just means I have extra scans (I've already had 3) and get extra appointments to see the consultant. I have a family history of blood clots and I developed a hydrosalphinx?? (Fluid in fallopian tube) in one of my miscarriages. I also developed a heart condition in my last pregnancy but that may not be pregnancy related so basically I think they just want to keep an eye on me lol.

Last edited:
I am consultant lead due to problems with my kidney and bladder and some previous family history
I see my consultant once a month at the moment she's been pretty good too. She said I can still have a water birth as it stands :)

I was told yesterday that for me I will be having appointments with the consultant at 30 weeks and beyond unless I ask to see the consultant prior to this or problems arise before that point. Obviously will all be different I guess as we all have different reasons for being consultant led!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back