Consultant Appt Today :s

Zoeox

Reaction score
Got a consultant appt this morning, and not to sure why. Not seen a consultant at all throughout my pregnancy. What will be done differently to my MW appt's?
xx

I'm under a consultant there's not that much difference in I'm weighed, pee tested, measured, blood pressure etc I usually have a scan first aswell. I wouldn't worry xx

Just not had one before and when I first found out, I was told I may be put under consultant care at the beginning but never was, only now. :s xx

My consultant appointments are very quick usually. Have BP done and urine tested by the health care assistant, then consultant goes through my blood results, and then has a feel of baby's position and measures fundal height. Done!
I suppose it depends why you are seeing him / her really. Good luck - hope all ges well! Xx

I have to have a consultant due to my weight, the MW said it will be pretty much the same as just seeing her.

I'm not even too sure why I'm seeing him/her to be honest, thinking its because of the reduced movements I had for a week because thats when it was booked. Which is typical because LO was quiet yesterday and haven't felt much today yet. Guessing it will just be a normal mw appt with a different face and further away from normal. xx

I have consultant due to pre term delivery last time I saw him at 12 weeks has an open app all the way through until my 34 week app usual test happened has a scan as well and have left me with an open app until I deliver now don't worry they are quite standard apps really unless it's for something else good luck though xx

i have my first consultant appt tomorrow....because i am measuring big....xx

Im consultant lead as im overweight but to be honest havent seen her as yet but know she checks my notes. But its a bit weird cos now im cared for by the hostpital instead of normal widwives but are apparently going to see the consultant this week as shes going to talk through my induction! XX

why are you being induced? i am just curious as i may be having similar conversations tomorrow...xx

Cos I have OC its under control now as was detected at 28 weeks so im on tablets and my levels are dropping but they apparently still want to induce them early well 37--38 weeks. As much as I didnt want to be induced i have my head round it now and just want to know when.

i think i will also be induced because of boo boo being a 'big un' but i will find out the crack when i see the consultant tomorrow...

you never know he may have a feel and think all is normal and okay.....but we shall see...

my bump is flipping huge!!! I am also carrying a little extra water......so i think he is going to check that..xx

Ohhh well fingers crossed for you hunnie Im sure all will be fine, have they given you a growth scan then? I had one last weds and she was at 5.4 apparently but will wait till 37 weeks so shes fully done so to speak and sure will be the same for yours. I like the fact knowing a rough date (i like to plan) and also will finish work the day before but dont like the idea of drips and monitoring!! But know its safer for the baby in the long run XX

i had a scan at 32 weeks yrah...5lbs!! so will probably get another xx

i think its cos the FH measurement is measuring 5 weeks ahead.......but i do think they are being safe than sorry, which is fine by me...

the consultant may have a feel tomorrow and be happy with everything and refer me back to community midwife....we will soon see. x

Well I had my appointment, was pointless really. Waiting an hour and a half for a 5miniute appointment. Just had normal like midwife appointment, well a bit less then a normal appointment. Confussed though, Wednesday normal mw measured at 38weeks, midwife today measure 34weeks and consultant measured 36weeks. Either way they said all is ok and I'm back to community midwife led care. xx

Awww great news hon! Everyone always seems to measure me differently too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back