Consultant appointments...ever on time?!

giz

Reaction score
I'm sat here at 8.55 still waiting to be seen. I had the FIRST appt of the day 8.30. How can they be running late already?

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I hate how anything medical is never on time! Hope you are bing seen by now xxx

I had this nearly every appointment. They would say come in for 8.30am then they'd say just waiting for consultant to come down, and they never seemed to come until around 9.15am. So frustrating. Hope its all ok today though. xx

I've had my blood pressure taken by midwife. She's just come in to apologise that the consultant isn't even around yet!!! Now 50 minutes late.

----------------

I usually have to wait between 60-90 mins at Swindon. Scans are usually on time but never consultants! Xxx

Bless u I totally feel ur annoyance had an 1045 appointment the other day and saw mw first at 11.45 and then saw consultant Dr at 1215 not good. X

50minutes!! As if they aren't being paid enough.... just rude!

It gets better...

They screwed up. My consultant is at a different clinic. And noone organised the replacement.

Now going to see some random doctor...

What is the point?

----------------

Oh dear :(

Hope the random doctor is a decent replacement! at least you arent being sent away xx

Ok, fair do's the mw and the doctor were helpful today. They even took my bloods so now I can push back my next normal mw appt a week.

They were scaring me though...she's brought up induction already!! Next consultant appt is at 40+4 to discuss a date for induction! And then they brought up sweeps...which I don't want either, but she did say they are more successful for second babies than first time.

----------------

----------------

I always end up waiting at least an hour for my appointments. So annoying x

2 weeks ago had an appt at 09:15 arrived at around 08:50 so I could do a wee etc. The consultant arrives at 09:30 there were loads of us sitting there I think everyone had the same time. Then had to have a CTG monitoring and then bloods didn't leave until 11:20.

i only saw a consultant twice in this pregnancy and both times he was very punctual even although the waiting room was packed both times i always got called in within 5 mins!! :0

It gets better...

They screwed up. My consultant is at a different clinic. And noone organised the replacement.

What is the point?

----------------

i think iv not seen my actual consultant once during this pregnancy they always just have me see a dr on the team tehn they egt her to sign off anything somewhere out the back. so pointless

It gets better...

What is the point?

----------------

i think iv not seen my actual consultant once during this pregnancy they always just have me see a dr on the team tehn they egt her to sign off anything somewhere out the back. so pointless

Me too, not seen the actual consultant, but usually get to see someone from the team and they usually know what the appointment is for. This poor doctor was thrown in the deep end and asked me what they normally do!!!

Anyway, glad I'm not the only one who seems to have to wait ages all the time :)

----------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back