7lbs at 34+3wks!!

piglets

Reaction score
Ive just had my growth scan today and im 34wk+3 days but baby is measuring 39+3 days and weighs 7lbs already. Nurse wasnt very nice because i havent been able to go in for my GD test- first test was cancelled because i was ill and on steroid tablets, second i cancelled because i forgot and had brekkie!! i havent been able to book last week because my husband couldnt take me there and its too far for me to walk (no family here to take me either) so i thought i would just see what the growth scan said today (ive had no symptoms of GD btw apart from big baby) anyway nurse comes out to where im sat with other ladies in waiting and tells me baby is still growing really big and how ive cancelled appointments for the test and how its too late to have the test now and it was a really really important test for my babies health. Basically made me feel really small in front of everyone and was really short with me and then said my consultant appointment is next week and he will decide what to do than. Im not being funny but i shouldve already seen my consultant before now and they cancelled/changed 3 appointments so far and they said he wouldve told me what to do after the GD test anyway so that wouldve been next week so i wouldnt have had any treatment by now if i do have GD anyway and i wasnt told it was really important (i didnt think there was much you can do only change of diet but im not eating a lot anyway!!) and i def wasnt told it had to be done by a certain time. Anyway im worried now how big baby will be by the time im term, will i even go term? Will i be able to deliver naturally? Anyone else having a BIG baby

oh hunny sorry they treated u like this, but when i went for my gtt there was a lady there who was 36 weeks as she had it done at 28 and was all clear and she was now showing symptons, so i cant see how ur too late to have the test :shakehead:

i cant help with the big baby scenario as i have growth scans for small babies but i know they are not always accurate, as for not seeing consultant i would get on the phone and complain and push for appt, i have seen mine 4 times now and booked in another 4 times over the next 2 weeks to see him so cant see why ur hospital cant do the same!!

im sure everything will be ok and try not to worry to much until u have spoke with consultant :) xx

Only take the guestimations with a pinch of salt hun, I was told I was having a big baby as well as polyhymdramnios, but after them telling me for weeks that he was 9lb this and 9lb that coming up on 10lb he came out at 8lb 10oz and very tiny, just solid built.

And ignore the nurse she shouldn't have spoken to you like that, you're not a child.

:hug:

We're in similar boats although consultant didn't tell me how big my baby was measuring in weeks, his weight is estimated at 5lbs 12oz - almost 6lbs and I'm two weeks behind you- consultant just said to me that they do not induce early for big babies any more.... That was seriously all he said- I'm not looking forward to pushing a giant baby out!

GD test for me came back pretty much borderline I was just advised to eat less sugar in my diet.

xxxx

That is so wrong of the nurse, I just can't understand why some healthcare professionals don't in fact act professional. For those few they are clearly in the wrong job. I hops all goes well for you hun def see if you can bring forward your appointment to save you those days of worrying. She is out of order be strong and I know it's easy said than done but try not to stress xx

I'd complain about breach of confidentiality. The whole waiting area should not hear your business. Not good practice at all.

I'd complain about breach of confidentiality. The whole waiting area should not hear your business. Not good practice at all.

Totally agree with this!!!!! There is no way she should have done anything in that waiting room apart from call your name. It's a terrible thing to do, especially belittling you in front of others let alone saying what you are there for. Her name should be in your notes hun, make a complaint. It's staff like that that stop women attending hospital. I am so disgusted I could go down there myself and :slap:

:hug: xxxxxxxxxxx

I've heard bigger babies are easier to push out! If that helps at all :) lol! Some people really are in the wrong job though and I think sometimes people get a bit too big for their boots. Thinking they're above everybody else. She should never of spoke to you like that infront of anyone and you shouldn't feel bad, we all want the best for our babies and she should know that! Take care and push that silly woman out of your thoughts because she clearly isn't worth it! If you need to vent though, letters seem to go a long way so I would take that approach if complaining x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back