Constipation

TORino

Reaction score
Tilly is really constipated. She's screaming when passing poo and the poo is really hard and like pebbles.

I can't get water into her because she won't take a teat now and the syringe = a wet mummy.

Does the doctor prescribe anything for this?

Is there anythings else I can do?

Lactulose. Syringe it in at night, do it at the side of her tongue or inner cheek then shove her dummy in so she sucks/swallows.
I know how horrendous this is, cam got it when he went on to formula from bf an it's awful :hug:

It's bizarre with the syringe, she'll take the Gaviscon from it and thicker liquids but water gets spat out for some reason. :(

I'm going to go to the docs today then cheers x

Lactulose is quite thick so she should take it ok. Did u know that u can get dummies that unclip at the back, allowing you to put medicine etc on it and then baby sucks the medicine through when they suck the dummy? You get them in boots, great invention if you have a medicine adverse baby lol
X
Lactulose should do the trick, it worked for cam and his constipation was like he was in labour :cry:

failing that if you drink a decent amount of oj it will help her lol, just dont drink a whole 2l carton as it helps too much!

My LO had the same thing and we got some Dioralyte from the chemist which helped - it was available to but over the counter (just in case you cant get a Dr's appointment). Hope she is better soon x

I was told water and orange juice when E was like this and it worked a treat.

I used two oz's cooled boiled water with two teaspoons of pure orange juice with no bits. Cannot be the concentrate has to be pure. We used Tropicana smooth as it is what we keep in the house anyway.

Within a few hours she had had a full clean out!

yep water with OJ always works for us!! so drink loads if you can xxxx

I've been drinking OJ, but I don't think it's working. I can't get her to take a teat so bottle is a no go sadly.

I'll try and drink more myself see how that goes

i drank 2l in the space of an hour and a few hours later she went for the first time in 4 days but it was quite watery lol so i think i had overdone it

i drank 2l in the space of an hour and a few hours later she went for the first time in 4 days but it was quite watery lol so i think i had overdone it

I don't think I'd be able to feed her if I drank that much. I'd be on the toilet myself lol

lol im obsessive compulsive about things like that, if its in front of me i just down loads of it. same with food

lactulose from the docs should help then Tor but not sure if they give it out easily, worth giving the doctors a ring though xxxx

When tegan suffered badly I was advised orange juice diluted in water not sure how you'd get it into her though xx

lactulose from the docs should help then Tor but not sure if they give it out easily, worth giving the doctors a ring though xxxx

They don't like it when babies do pebble poos though so I'd have thought they'd be ok with lactulose x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back