Constipation...Help!! Sorry TMI!

Nat26

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Really need your help! I have never been constipated until a few days ago, I haven't been able to go for the last few days. I feel the need to go but I just end up straining for ages and nothing happens :-(

I went to the doctors yesterday and they gave me lactulose to take (15ml twice a day)...Its says it can take 48 hours to work but nothing is happening and I am in so much pain. It hurts all round my bump, feels awful - I haven't been able to go into work as its complete agony.

Does anyone have any advice? I need to be able to go to the toilet, I feel completely full to the brim inside (sorry only way I can explain it). I'm frightened now if I strain to much I'm going to get piles (which I've never had before either!)

Is there any quick way to get things moving? Has anyone been prescribed something that has an almost immediate effect?

Really hope someone can help xxxx

Prune juice is supposed to help but not sure it will have an immediate effect. When did you start lactulose? Not sure if lubricating from inside will help,sorry for tmi

I started lactulose yesterday so it could still be taking effect but its certainly not happening quickly enough. I might give prune juice a go too - worth a try. At the moment I'm not eating as I dont want to compact the problem lol x

I would suggest you eat as much fruit as you can. I had a really bad pile (sorry tmi) and it was very annoying, irratable and painful and I have been eating fruit which has really relaxed my bowels and digesting everything nicely. If you eat at least 1/2 peices a day in habbit, you will see the difference in a week.

If not and you do have problems "going" and its painful then as Knopk@ says, you can lube a bit to help or if you get in to further problems anusol is sfae to use during pregnancy. If not seek advice with your midwife.

Is Senokot safe during pregnancy? I've always used those in the past when consitpated and they have worked a treat. They still take a few hours but you should be able to take them before bed and then go to the toilet when you wake up.

I don't think it is, pharmacist said I cant use it when pg. I find that fruit and fibre does help but in terms of immediate fix, don't know.

I've just been to the doctors again and hes given me movicol and said I can take 6 sachets in the space of an hour! Hope this has some effect!

Hope the new stuff helps hun xxx

Hope it works, been suffering with constipation the whole way through this pregnancy, it's bloody awful!

Ok I don't know how anyone can take 6 sachets in an hour, I just can't drink that much as it says to mix it with a litre of water! I've managed 3 sachets - just hope it works soon!!

Fingers crossed it works. I do hope you are not planning to go out?

lol oh no planning to spend probably the next 24 hours in my bathroom!! The joys of being pregnant, I dont know how we all cope!! x

bag a dried apricots....I was going to post something alone these lines, Im not in discomfort but I cant go that well and its almost like I try so hard I think the Im going to push the baby out ha ha. Keep us posted ha ha I want to know how the movicol works x

Gemini - mine started like that, I know exactly what you mean - it felt like I wanted to push baby out lol but its a little early!!
I have just managed to go not sure if it was the movicol or my shear determination to get it out...I still feel a little bloated and got a lot of wind so maybe more to get out but I feel so much more comfortable :) Would recommend movicol if like me you haven't been for days. I'm going to take a bit more this evening and make sure I never get like that again!!

think Ill go get some before it sets in thanks hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back