Constantly worrying :(

Jojo84

Reaction score
So I only found out on Thursday that I'm pregnant And i just find that I'm constantly worried about something going wrong :(

I had a mc In the past (way early) but there's nothing to say anything will go wrong but I don't want to spend all my time worrying :(

Is this a normal thing??

I just can't function, I can't feel happy because I'm scared to, I'm terrified j turn up to a scan and it's gone... How can I get over that constant fear and worrying??

From what I've read on here from other people and from my own experience I'd say its completely normal. This is my first pregnancy and every twinge has got me googling and expecting that I'm going to lose it.

Try not to worry too much, and enjoy as much as you can. I know it's harder said than done Xx

I'm exactly the same. I've had a really busy day today, but haven't felt tired or sick. So thinking something is wrong . I know I'm being silly, but doubt I will relax till I see a heart beat.

I'm completely the same this is my first pregnancy as well. I hadn't felt sick all day so was thinking something was wrong the bam it hit me not long after I finished work at 8pm. I had a early private scan last week saw the baby and heard the heartbeat and I still get worried some days. All I can say is try not to worry to much I know it can be hard.

I can totally sympathise I had an absolute meltdown last week thinking something was wrong as my symptoms have pretty much gone my scans on Thursday so I'm just trying to fill my days in but I was a liability at work unable to concentrate on anything xx

Yes it's completely normal I worried like crazy with my son before I had any losses since him I've had 2 miscarriages so I worry like crazy. I didn't have any symptoms until about 7 weeks myself and that's been nausea. I always thought I'd stop worrying when I got to 12 weeks I've had a few scans but now I'm worried my next scan in 4 days time there will be no heartbeat or baby has stopped growing. I will keep worrying until I have my baby in my arms xx

Oh, hun. I'm sorry you're so worried. Unfortunately that's what tri1 is all about - you've just got to try and live with the anxiety. I can't offer any advice, just a hug. xxx

Very normal...especially with your first x

I was all panic thismorning because my boobs weren't as sore thismorning. Seriously I just need to man up (or lady up lol) and just trust this bean to grow string and stop stressing. My mum is away in holiday and i think ill be better when she's back and when I have my information session tomorrow afternoon.

My experience is that the worrying is always there but gets worse and better at times - like I was constantly worried at the beginning, and now I'm getting more worried again knowing that 12 week scan is coming up - just keep coming and talking to us on here and it'll make you feel better - and mam's are always good for reassurance :) xxx

So I only found out on Thursday that I'm pregnant And i just find that I'm constantly worried about something going wrong :(

I had a mc In the past (way early) but there's nothing to say anything will go wrong but I don't want to spend all my time worrying :(

Is this a normal thing??

I just can't function, I can't feel happy because I'm scared to, I'm terrified j turn up to a scan and it's gone... How can I get over that constant fear and worrying??

Hi jojo, :)
It's very normal to worry especially after a miscarriage. But apparently it's very Common for a first pregnancy to fail so many Mc with their first baby. It's your body preparing you for the real thing (next time) some people don't even know they miscarried.

Your always going to worry for the rest of that babies life now.. But you will have good and bad days. :) now I'm in trimester 2 it's a little less worrying. Except my phobia of sick ahhhh lol. Still got sickness. Chin up it will get better :)

Just try to relax about it all best you can. & always put yourself and your baby first in all situations.
Wishing you a happy and very healthy pregnancy :)
Xxx

Last edited:
Well my mum is back in the country on friday and back up north on Saturday. I may be 29 but I need my mummy lol I have nobody in r/l to talk to right now that understands

It's definitely normal to worry in tri 1. It does get better once you've had the 12 week scan. You will find you worry all the way through- 20 week scan, baby's movements etc, but you do relax more. It's just human nature to worry!!

While I'm on it... Is it true I need to give up tea?! I can cut out coffee... With sadness!! And I could care less about alcohol... But my previous tea?! 2cups a day max someone said! The. I'm on horrid evil nasty decaff??

Could cry if it's true... I'm a tea addict!!

Ah. No need to cut out tea, hun. I never did when I was pregnant with T. I just had a little less. I still have about 2-3 cups a day and I'm not stressing about it. It's not worth it. Decaf is just horrible and not to be touched with a barge pole, in my opinion!

Glad your mummy will be home soon and you can talk to her xxx

Yeah I'm a heavy tea user lol I'm talking 5-6 cups a day min lol so I'm thinking I start my day off on it and end my day on it and if I need a tea fix during the day ill have the rank stuff... I might get used to it, I also adore earl grey snd lady grey tea but I'm not sure if there's decaff or what it's like :( ima cry lol

As for coffee I miss it but a colleague made herself a cup yesterday and I had to back away so I'm afraid I might be getting an aversion to it. Also makes it difficult at dork when Pple make me tea and hard to explain to my friends why we can't meet up in our usual coffee place anymore.

Last edited:
M&s do a great decaf tea- I swear you can't taste any difference at all if that helps!

Thanks. Ill try it. Right now decaff is like chewing on a potato sack lol ill try m&s

Hi Jojo84

Congrats on your bfp!!

I'm with you on the whole worrying part! Some days I feel like I'm going out of my mind with worry about something going wrong. Everyone tells me its normal but it doesnt make you worry less.

I also read about cutting down on caffine ... I've attempted to do it myself and am on the tetley decaf while at work and just juice and milkshakes at home! So far its not been too bad, you do get used to the decaf after a while..

if i dont think about it, then i can forget... also if i dont drink it hot hot.

how far are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back