Confused

Penstraze

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I did put a thread in symptoms but got no replies.
I missed a period, and had lots of pregnancy symptoms last year, but bfn then had a really heavy bleed really late for missed period (about three weeks) but early for next, and straight away all symptoms stopped, the doctors think I had an early miscarage, I hadnt thought about wanting a baby before but when I missed my period and thought I could be I really wanted to be, but the timing isnt right for OH and I so I have continued to take the pill.

For weeks now I have been feeling much the same as last year, sore boobs, sickness, really tired, needing the loo loads but not actually doing more then a little bit when I do go, dizzy spells, and pins and needles (I have raynauds syndrome so I do get pins and needles easily but never usually this frequently without a reason) my last period was a day late and maybe a little light but definately period like and not spotting or implantation I dont think, I did a test a couple of weeks ago and that was bfn as I expected, my period is due again next wednesday so guess I will have to wait and see what happens then but surely I couldnt be pregnant from this month and been having symptoms for about 3 weeks now and its unlikely I got pregnant last month when I had a period and bfn on a test :?

Maybe you just imageined the symtoms? i dont mean it in a rude way..i had a lot of symptoms when i started TTC but i wasnt pregnant. My periods got later and later (probebly because i worried too much)

Now or last time? At first the doctors did say a phantom pregnancy was a possibility, but I cant see that I imagined the symptoms before because it wasnt something I wasnt thinking about I wasnt ttc then and im not now!

I have just found out my sister is pregnant which makes me wonder if I am imagining symptoms now, but the sickness and sore boobs started before I found out she was pregnant and I didnt think about maybe being pregnant until a friend made me do a test! But you could be right guess I'll have to wait and see!

Oh and forgot to say dont think your being rude at all I know it is quite common when your trying to concieve and watching and hoping for any little sign that could mean its your month. I supose its possible I was feeling sick etc before cause of a bug or something and as Ive started thinking maybe its possible Im reading too much into signs, it would be a worry if I got pregnant as timings not great but I would be happy I think!

hmm im not sure then, i guess you'll have to wait! Thats the worst thing, the more it goes on the more you convince yourself you are then the symptoms get worse! Did the doctors say it could be anything else the 1st time it happend?

The first pregnancy you had sounds very similiar to what happened to me back in november. I was sure I was pregnant, had all the symptoms and missed AF, tests kept coming back negative (but they always have with me - right up to 9 weeks with my eldest so didnt really take that as a BFN) and then about 2 weeks later - so I would have been around 6 weeks I think - I started bleeding heavily and had very bad pains. OH took me to the EPU where they done a scan and a test but it was inconclusive - they couldnt tell if I had even been pregant or not but I wasnt anymore. I still dont know if I was or if I had just convinced myself so much that it delayed my AF which I then mistook for a MC. I'll never know!

With the symptoms you describe it is very possible that you are pregnant, but I guess you wont know for sure till you get that BFP, do you know when you ovulated last and how many days past OV you are?

Thanks for replies, last time at first the doctors were sure I was pregnant and had got my dates wrong just told me to test again in a week and act like I was pregnant and to come back then when I did doc I saw was totally stumped had to go ask for a second opinion and just said to test again in a week, and could be a phantom pregnancy, early miscarrage, and ectopic pregnancy or something causing similar symptoms so they did loads of blood tests and urine tests (wouldnt do a pregnancy blood test though which annoyed me) all tests came back normal and pregnancy test negative and then I had heavy bleed when I went back and told doctor had to see a different doctor who just told me it was likely I was pregnant but clearly wasnt now after bleed and loss of symptoms and as I had a scan booked she said if theyre any problems they will shown on scan and to just try again when I told her we wernt trying she said whats your problem then!!!! I havent been back since!

I dont know if/when id have ovulated am on the pill havent missed one to my knowledge so pregnancy is very unlikely but havent been the best at remembering to take them!

Have you missed your pill? Your symptoms sound like pregnancy but if you're on pill then its not very likely...possible though :shock:

my mum was on the pill when she concieved me and my sister (seperate pregnancies)

I dont think so, no pills left in packet havent checked last one but I think id have noticed, I think I took new pack a day late cause I was away and often confuse what day I took last one and when I should start taking them again but I didnt think it made much difference at the begining of a pack?

jenna said:
my mum was on the pill when she concieved me and my sister (seperate pregnancies)

Wow! Did she miss any? I was reading yesterday that most pregnancies whilst on the pill are human error although some people do get pregnant on it without missing any pills and although the pill itself is 99.9% accurate the chances of getting pregnant whilst on the pill are a fair bit higher then that when you take human error into consideration!

Penstraze said:
jenna said:

Wow! Did she miss any? I was reading yesterday that most pregnancies whilst on the pill are human error although some people do get pregnant on it without missing any pills and although the pill itself is 99.9% accurate the chances of getting pregnant whilst on the pill are a fair bit higher then that when you take human error into consideration!

No at the time my mum didnt want kids, she just had a misscarriage and divorce and the last thing she wanted was a baby!! She took all her pills on time. I guess our dad just has super sperm :rotfl:

:lol: well cant see OH having super sperm with the amount he drinks and used to smoke but we'll see! :lol:

Felt so sick and awful when I got home yest all evening and was having lots of cramps so maybe sign af will be here soon, although not due til next wed but no skin outbreak which I usually get about now before I get af, only time ive not had outbreak didnt get af!
Been so itchy today, especially my boobs does that mean anything?

Everyb time I get an upset stomach or am really tired my husband thinks "yay, this must be it"...but AF always rears her ugly head...I have had these symptoms(imagining them as well maybe?) and nothing came of it..so I know the frusteration your going through

Thanks for the reply! Its so frustrating isnt it!
Thought was def all in my mind and nothing when sore boobs totally went sat, back with total avengence now though, hardly slept last night just couldnt get comfortable (although OH snorring didnt help! :roll: )
Had a wicked temper flairing up over nothing for last two days, if its just pms and im going to get this every month def going to have to get down the docs to see what I can do to prevent it, OH wont put up with this every month! :shock: :lol:

Is it possible to suddenly start getting pms when you've never had it before?

Penstraze said:
Thanks for the reply! Its so frustrating isnt it!
Thought was def all in my mind and nothing when sore boobs totally went sat, back with total avengence now though, hardly slept last night just couldnt get comfortable (although OH snorring didnt help! :roll: )
Had a wicked temper flairing up over nothing for last two days, if its just pms and im going to get this every month def going to have to get down the docs to see what I can do to prevent it, OH wont put up with this every month! :shock: :lol:

Is it possible to suddenly start getting pms when you've never had it before?

PMS can be awful, I get it really bad sometimes. Some months its bearly noticable and im just a little irratable but other months im a 3 headed monster looking for my dinner! RARRRRRRRRRR!:twisted: lol

Is it possible you've always had it and not really noticed? Ive had it since starting my periods, my mum could predict that I was due AF by my moods lol and my OH can now....

Hope that helps a little! xxxxxx

Thanks Jo! I have discussed it with OH before and he has always said he never noticed any different when I was due on (and that I was moody all the time ha ha funny bloke! :evil: )really dont think I get it/ got it but you never know, maybe I just dont notice! Could be tied up with all other symptoms or it could all just be wishful thinking on my part! :roll: only another 2 days til I should find out! Have been very impressed with myself havent brought an early response and tested already (although brought two tescos test just incase I need them and prob would have given in if they were early tests!!! :roll: )

jenna said:
same here - my mum was on the pill when she got PG with me!

Thanks for the reply miss gobby! You never know then, although the nearer it gets to af the more convinced I am that she will turn up!
Still got really sore boobs not been sleeping well last two nights cause just cant get comfortable (usually sleep on my front and thats too painful!) getting alot of headaches on and off but been getting a few cramps today and a got a spot on my chin, not quite usual out break but probably signs af's on her way!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back