Confused!!!!

Bunny82

Reaction score
With everything!!!

Everytime I think of something and look it up on the internet i get conflicting advise!

Ive been having nice hot baths - but now i have read I shouldnt be (i'm 5 weeks pregnant btw)

I don't know what shampoo's I can and can't use, same goes for any products really - its all sending my head into a spin now!!!!!

And further to this on my calculation I am 5 weeks 4 days, on some of the baby tickers this is correct - then on others it says 4 weeks 4 days - whats that about??? Im putting in the excat same dates and getting the same due dates - so which am i????

Think i'll go to bed and try not to think anymore!

x

I give up i'm going to live in a fri**ing bubble!!! The i'd probably read that my bubble was toxic or something :D

x

Lol do you know what? I have eaten runny eggs, had hot baths, used whatever shampoo I like, drank tea and coffee, and loads of other stuff! Im still standing with a healthy pregnancy! Don't get too bogged down in the "can and cants" because I think a majority are so stupid it's unreal. Just think, how dis babies survive in the days where smoking was just a normal activity with no knowledge of anything going wrong, cavemen did it! So we should be able to flaming well do it too. I'm not saying not to take precautions, just don't make a big deal and a fuss over silly things like shampoo and bath temp. Think the bath temp only matters later on in pregnancy when you have a big baby that doesn't want to get hot. Lol. X

I know my OH keeps saying how do you think people had babies before the days of he internet to look things up!!

I think it's because its my first and i'm just paranoid over every little thing!

Thanks for your reply :D

x

Hot baths was one thing i was determined not to give up! Whats the point of a bath if not hot to wollow in?! lol! Pinch of salt hun.........

hot baths, as long as they arent hot enough to make u sweat/go red are ok, its just with a big baby further on a hot bath can make baby overheat because they cant control their temperature but i find my bump sticks out over the water anyway lol as for shampoos and toiletries i was unaware there was anything we couldnt use :-S and i still have my tea/caffiene fix :)

I couldnt live without my hot baths in the evening, so will be carrying on with them lol!
XxX

I have still been having hot baths I can't stand luke warm but if I start to feel too hot I get out so I DONT feel dizzy. I don't drink caffeine anyway but have had the odd runny egg, as for shampoo etc I haven't changed a thing.

Ditto on the hot baths, As long as you are comfortable, and not turning pink, they are fine. The thing with shampoos and other products is your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy so you could have an allergic reaction, rather than it being harmful to baby. (Veet was the one that turned around on me Lol) As for foods and stuff, If its something you normally eat, and you are buying it from a decent place (aka Sainsburys instead of farmers market) dont worry about it, they have such strict health and food safety in place that you would have a hard time getting ill on it even if you tried Lol

Main thing i've given up is unpasturised soft cheeses, No way am i giving up my baths :) xx

Lol do you know what? I have eaten runny eggs, had hot baths, used whatever shampoo I like, drank tea and coffee, and loads of other stuff! Im still standing with a healthy pregnancy! Don't get too bogged down in the "can and cants" because I think a majority are so stupid it's unreal. Just think, how dis babies survive in the days where smoking was just a normal activity with no knowledge of anything going wrong, cavemen did it! So we should be able to flaming well do it too. I'm not saying not to take precautions, just don't make a big deal and a fuss over silly things like shampoo and bath temp. Think the bath temp only matters later on in pregnancy when you have a big baby that doesn't want to get hot. Lol. X

I agree 100%

Thanks people, I think theres too much information out there sometimes!!

x

its rediculous sometimes! im just carrying on as norm my friend xxx

Ive given up nothing. Ive cut my smoking down (dont shout at me please), i still drink lots of tea. Im doing the same as i did with my 2 year old and he was healthy at birth and not been ill or really unwell since i had him. They do put to much information on the tinternet lol x

Im a bit worried this evening - have got a cold and have been feeling pretty pants today - aswell as having a sinus headache :(

Have been cuddling a hot water bottle - but now i've suddenly realised i shouldnt be putting one directly onto my stomach should I - I hope ive not done any harm .. im such a worrier!!!

x

Dont worry too much hun, Same with a bath, so long as its not uncomfortably hot, or turns you into a tomato, its not hot enough to do harm... And lets be honest, if it was uncomfortable hot.. you wouldnt do it LOL

Thanks sometimes I doubt every little thing I do ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back