Really confused about everything

Melly+2

Reaction score
Firstly i feel like im bringing bad luck to this section, as soon as i have come here loads of people have suffered losses and i cant help feeling its because of me and my bad luck. Confused about everything too, when i went to the scan she tols me bean was measuring about 5 weeks, i went for bloods on 5+2 and 5+4 so if bean wasnt growing how would my hcg have still been rising on these dates, also if i really am only 5 weeks or what ever how could i have gotten a positive test just days after ov, possbly 2-3 days after, none of this makes sense to me at all, its all so conflicting and its making my brain hurt big time, now since i had my scan ive had more symptoms too, why is everything conflicting everything else, i really dont understand??? :|

i can't offer much support, but don't think that you bring bad luck, that's just not true hun.

with the scan dates etc. i know that if the sonographer measures even half a mm out on the scan, then it can change the date of the pregnancy by a lot!!!

that's when i had my scan they wouldn't give me a definite date of how far i was. they only said i was 4-5 weeks gone, but i had know i was pregnant for almost 3 weeks by then, and i thought i was about 6 weeks pregnant. when i went for another scan 2 weeks later, baby measured right back on my target (within a few days anyway).

she told me that baby is so small that even your heartbeat can jolt the probe and alter the exact reading of the baby.

and also, every baby grows at a different rate. even at this stage.

try not to worry, i know what it's like, ive been there 4 times now with early scans and worrying if the pregnancy is viable. :hug:

You didnt bring me bad luck mel.. really.. don't be silly sweetie... It was probably my own fault for all the abuse i gave it when it was just a little tiny egg being fertilised before i knew..

gosh.. what happened at your scan hun? is it all ok?

Mel

Firstly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: .

When do you go back for your next scan? I went for a scan on Tuesday when I was 4 weeks 4 days and they could only see a sac which they wouldnt even confirm was a gestational sac - I am being scanned again next Tuesday (5 weeks 4 days) and they hope if all is well to see a yoke sac but not much more at that stage - I had a very strong + on a hpt at 7 dpo (I chart so I know when I ovulated) so a faint + may well be possible.

I think the fact your hcg is rising is a great sign but I know how hard it is to be optimistic about all this, please be gentle with yourself :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It just concerns me that i should have been 7 weeks, oh im gonna shut up rambling now i cant cope with myself atm so i dont know how you lot cope with me. Ive been trying to keep it to myself but i have had to talk to gal, mainly texts while hes at work but hes being so understanding and hes positive its just too early but im gonna feel even more of a failure than i do now if ean hasnt made it, i dont think i can deal with this :|

Oh Mel I wish we could sit it out in a room together - I too had lots of tears this morning :hug: Dont feel bad about going on, its a very scary time. If you want to PM me I really honestly do understand x x x x

Hey Mel, I'm not sure if this will help much but on that Britains Biggest Baby program last night they were talking about scans and the doc said that it's like taking a picture through a thick glass window of somebody swimming in a pool - then measuring one trouser leg and working out from that how big they are.......

.....so they are NOT very accurate!

At this early stage, you are talking about finite measurements. Very easy to get it wrong.

try not to worry hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

No they just said i had to wait 10 days for another scan, so a week today, im feeling a little more positive now you have mentioned these things, thanks to all you girls, im not gonna put my ticker back up yet until i have had the scan but if anyone wants to add me on msn id love that

[email protected] :hug:

Hi hun,

Try not to worry - I was in exactly the same position early on in my pregnancy. Due to previous health concerns my doc wanted to send me for an early scan. As I was having so many symptoms I thought I must have been at least 7/8 weeks gone, but as it turned out all they could see on my first scan was an empty sac as I was only 4-5 weeks. I had to have the bloods done and these doubled, but all they could do was book me in for another scan two weeks later. So I had to wait to see if my pregnancy was viable. And it was bloody horrible!!!! BUT I needn't have worried - I went back for my scan and they detected a teeny bean and heartbeat. I can't remember the exact gestation at the time, but it was around 7 weeks. Now I am just around the corner from meeting my little girl :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back