When does babys heart start beating?

Beth88

Reaction score
I'm interested.. i should be 5 weeks and 4 days tomorrow for my ultrasound, so when does the heart start beating? is it 5 weeks of 6 weeks? i have seen conflicting information..

Oh theres a chance i might see it tomorrow then yaaaaaaay, thanks for the link hun :hug: :pray:

I have had a scan at 5 + 4 and didn't hear it. They repeated the scan three days later at 6 weeks and we have heard it ! :cheer:
Good luck for tomorrow and don't be disappointed if you don't hear it as it might be just too early. :hug:

Thanks Petra.. yeah I won't get my hopes up.. I'll just wait. Do you think they'll offer me another scan if the heartbeat isnt heard tomorrow?

They might offer you another scan.. it depends on the hospital. My EPU is great and asked me to come back. Good luck tomorrow :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ah i hope they give me another one.. Im not gonna have great expectations for the scan tomorrow, but i would really feel better if i see the heartbeat..

with this one i did'nt see the heartbeat till 6 weeks, had a scan at just over 5 weeks and all they saw was a sac

if they dont see a heart beat tomorrow they will have you back probabally the following week until they see a heart beat

Hope all goes well with your scan.

At your stage you'll probably just see a sac, but it may have a flickering heart beat in it, you wont be able to make out any features yet as they're all too small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back