Confused

scotsgal23

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone else is confused about their miscarriage and what actually happened i realise this seems really silly but it just didnt feel like i had one because i had no pain and didnt notice any big clots and they werent the colour that i was advised they would be.
I have taken 2 pregnancy tests since last thursday but they have shown up negative but im even more confused because the one on tuesday was positive i have read up that hcg is meant to stay in your system for upto 6 weeks so i dont understand how this could have happened.
The scan i had only covered my stomach and they did not do an internal, my doctor did not do a blood test so its left me with alot of questions and i feel that im not totally accepting what has happened because of this. I dont feel ready to talk to doctor yet.
Has anyone else had anything similar to this?

This is my first m/c i forgot to state that. I only found out that i was pregnant on the 3rd and the bleeding started on the 6th but i also had a urine infection at the same time so i thought that was why i had a sore back.

i wrote a similar posdt myself two months ago click here if u wanna read it

so i know exactly how ur feeling :( :hug:

i have finally managed to get over it and i am feeling SOOOOOO much better for it. i was probably lucky some folk take much longer to get over miscarriages. but acceptance i found played a HUGEEE role in my emotional recovery. i couldnt even begin to get over it while i was still clinging on to hopes.

i'm sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:

I just find it totally weird that hcg isnt in my system anymore considering it can stay upto 6 weeks. I think i would have accepted it more fully if i had bloods taken because then i would see the numbers decreasing. I think i have to talk to my doctor i know he wont be able to do anything now but i might get some answers.

hi scotsgal, I had something similar to what you've went through when I had my second m/c last September, and I couldn't understand either how all of a sudden the HCG levels just decreased, especially when they're supposed to stay 6 weeks. First pregnancy test was positive, then when I had bleeding a week later I thought oh it's implantation bleeding but then did 2 more tests and there was nothing anymore. I wanted to have a blood test but over here the midwife thinks it's best to come in and have an internal scan, it was only then I could accept it when I saw for myself. that part of it is hard, I was totally confused too at the sudden disappearance of HCG and couldn't rest my mind until I had the scan.
I hope you got some answers from your doc that put your mind at rest and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back