confused hospital appointment

Zoe20

Reaction score
hi ladies, ive had a letter this morning for a hospital appointment on thursday, when i had my scan at 12wk, i was told to book in with my mw for my 15wk appointment, which i did and got to hear the babys heartbeat. im confused as to why i have this appointment, and was just wondering if anyone else had this.

thanks Zoe x

I'm not sure love. Is there a number on the letter you could phone to ask them, alternatively contact your midwife as she will probably know.
xx

ok thanks hun, ill ring them in the morning.

Are you low or high risk? It may be a consultant appt? xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

nope im not, only thing i have is an underactive thyroid which i dont take any medication for, as when i starrt with the meds i feel awful e.g. tired, no energy,

It might be because of that, i was reffered to consulant for a muscle wastage condition which doesn't really effect me.

When did you have last appointment and when is this next appointment for?

xxxxxxxxx

my 12wk scan was on the 3/5 my m/w was 24/5 and the new one at the hospital is on thursday 31/5

I think you may have been given an extra appointment in error? Sounds like they've duplicated your 16 week appointment?

Give them a call tomorrow and I am sure they'll be able to advise

xxxxxxxxxx

Its not a duplicated its to see how the thyroxine and my thyroid lvls are, i did tell the consultant i wouldnt be taking the tablets, as without them i have no symptoms and once i start taking them i feel worse, i told my mw the same and she said that my gp would keep checking the lvls but if they did drop then i would have to take the medication which i will, the last check by my gp showed they hadnt dropped. So even though its recently been checked it getting checked again tomorrow :( tbh i understand why they want me to take them, but they dont seem to understand the effect the tablets have on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back