• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confused.com

Kiki0210

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can someone help me make sense of this please?

Am on my first cycle of clomid for not ovulating and had to kick start af with provera.
Got a tracking scan on cd10 which showed lots of immature follicles. Had progesterone levels done on cd20 - 1.6 and another scan on cd21 which showed one growing follicle in my right ovary. On cd 25 I had another scan and it showed the follicle had released an egg. Then progesterone bloods done again on cd31 but my level is only 5.3??

Surely it should be higher? Before my progesterone was less than one so it's a slight improvement right enough. But do I go with the scan or the bloods?!

This ttc lark is messing with my brain :( x

What cd did you get your period and what was it like? xx

Today is cd33 Louise and no period. Feel a bit crampy today but nothing yet? X

Crikey, that is really confusing. Who is scanning you? The progesterone measurements can be really hit and miss timing wise (ie if you don't do it a week after ovulation it can be misleading), but 5.3 does sound quite low (usually 20 ish for ov?)

However, the scans are usually good at picking it up, so it is a doozy.

When do you have your follow up with a doctor?

If it was me, I'd do a HPT 2 weeks after the scan that showed ov...

I was thinking that perhaps the follicle released the egg closer to cd 21 than cd 25 and then by cd 31 it might have been on it's ways back down again as your period was nearly due which could still be possible I suppose, but I'd expect you AF within the next day or two really.

It is also possible that the corpus luteum (the thing that releases the progesterone) started failing prematurely.

Also, maybe the sonographer misinterpreted what they saw on the ultrasound.

We'll have to wait and see when your period comes and what it's like xx

I was thinking that perhaps the follicle released the egg closer to cd 21 than cd 25 and then by cd 31 it might have been on it's ways back down again as your period was nearly due which could still be possible I suppose, but I'd expect you AF within the next day or two really.

It is also possible that the corpus luteum (the thing that releases the progesterone) started failing prematurely.

Also, maybe the sonographer misinterpreted what they saw on the ultrasound.

We'll have to wait and see when your period comes and what it's like xx

I never thought about that first option Louise. Even I could see the difference between the scans so I think they've got that right! Def feel like af is imminent so guess it'll be a second round of clomid for me!

Think I just take the clomid again but prob no scans for me as we fly out to lanzarote a week on Monday for 2 weeks! Maybe the sunshine and relaxation will help the ttc quest?!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back