Scan result! Need advice on 3 questions!!!

laurat

Reaction score
Ok so Im back from the scan and I have more questions than answers! Upshot is the letrazole has not been successful as I dont have any follicles now that are over 10mm. Now this is where I am getting confused and need help with understanding some things that are probably quite simple so I apologise.

1 . Firstly she looked at my left ovary with the trans vaginal thing. She said ok thee are a few follicles but none over 10mm. She then moved to my right and couldnt find it. Quite painful and a lot of moving around. She basically then said she cant find it but If I had a follicle ready on the letrazole it would be 'jumping out at her'. Is this the case. If she didnt find my ovary then is there no chance a follicle can be there. Baring in mind the right was the one that 2 weeks ago had the 13mm follicle in it.

2. With regards to the 13 mm follicle 2 weeks ago. Can a follicle just dissapear? Where does it go? She said that if I had ovulated I would have bled before now. Surely not the case if it grew slowly and only ovulated last week or would she have been able to tell that? Ive given up on the opks so not been tracking

3. She then said to go into another room and she would go to track down the dr if she could to get advice as to what was the next step. Couldn't get dr so came back and said Ive to go back on Wed for another scan on day 14 to check it hasnt work. If I only have 10mm follicles is it not impossible to grow over 7mm in 2 days?

I am just confused now. If anyone could give me any advice so I can phone and get any answrs etc.

Last edited:
Ahh gosh how confusing!! :wall2:

At least they'll scan you again...

My doc could see my ruptured follicle when I had my scan the day after I ov'd.

Do any docs anywhere make any suggestion as to what's going on?

I feel it must be somehow connected to your d&c as you were fine before hand right?

Why don't you have the private 3d scan that nurse 26 had?

Where you live?

Xx

Hey maybe, thanks for your reply!

I didnt have a d & c it was a natural mc. I dont really remember what Nurse had. What did she discover from the 3d scan that was different?

In terms of the 13 mm follicle though. Its 2 weeks and 2 days since the last scan could I have ovulated and she didnt know today. Also can follicles just disappear?

Oh Dear Laurat,

I am not very good on scans and tracking, but I do know that if you are getting more questions when you come out you should book a private 3D scan as Maybe has suggested. I would def do this if things are still not making sense again on Wednesday.

Sorry I have not left any advice.

Love Gizzy xxx

Hiya Laura, I'm sorry it seems that it hasn't worked. It's very strange that your 13mm follicle seems to have disappeared. It could have popped a week ago I guess so you wouldn't be due AF yet, but they can normally see a corpus luteum if you've ovulated already. I hope you get some answers on Wednesday. Definitely make sure you ask about upping the dose though. Xxx

Thanks Blondy I will say about the upped dose. I need to do a but of research to see if a follicle can just disappear.

If a follicle has popped it leaves behind a corpus leutum (sp) they can see this on a scan its like a raggedy circle or sometimes a milky one. I'm not sure about a week later though x

Yeah, I thought it just dissolved in 12 hrs if not fertilised?? Just thinking back to the great sperm race so could be wrong x

But if I have not ovulated can it just dissapear?

Hiya Laura, sorry your appointment was a load of bullshit.

I have had a LOT of follicle scans and the one time they couldn't find my ovary i had to put my hands under my back to raise my pelvis - they certianly wouldn't have stopped until they found it! :wall2:

I feel that if there was a 13mm+ follicle on the ovary that they would definitely have been able to see it because they look quite large and obvious on the screen, but if you have ovulated then maybe they couldn't have as it would have much less contrast.

Like you said, you might have only recently ovulated if it grew slowly.

Follicles can disappear, they are pretty much reabsorbed into the body but that would only be the smaller ones...

If i was you, i'd just go with the flow and insist on trying the letrazole again if this situation isn't clarified just in case.

Oh thanks Louise your advice is greatly received! I felt it was a lot of bullshit if Im honest and wonder if the next scan is actually so she can actually look for the ovary again.

Good to know that a follicle can be re-absorbed again. So would you say 13mm is too big for being re-absorbed?

Iam going to ask to be given the increased dose to try again. Im also going to adk if the lining of my womb has improved as if it has that may point to ovulation too surely. Notebook in hand to ask all of this!!

Hi Laura, sorry i have no advice but just wanted give you a hug xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back