confused and worried

Calypso

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time here. I need advice. I had a miscarriage May 30th, the doctor estimated from the image I took that I was about 2 months along. However I had a blood test done and the results showed my HCG levels at 2. Is this actually possible? I'm not going into details but I was definately pregnant, there's no doubt in my mind.

But then how is it possible that my levels were so low right afterwards? I'm really confused and a little worried and the doctor really wasn't any help. So does anyone have any advice or knowledge to share ?

TIA. Calypso.

Hi Calypso, sorry for your loss, it's hard to estimate dates unless you have been scanned, or had HCG checked before MC. Although you miscarried on May 30th your HCG may have been falling before this for days or weeks, therefore after the MC your HCG is now nearly back to 0. If you have concerns you should ask to be scanned at an Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU) so they can check that all products have been passed. Look after yourself.

Thanks. That's kind of reassuring. I thought it was weird that it had reduced so fast when everything I've read said it should take weeks. I'm also not sure where to ask about a scan because when I saw my doctor the next day he wasn't even going to give me a blood test until I mentioned twins in the family.

So I kind of assumed it was normal. I've stopped bleeding now and the doctor did mention to me he felt I'd had a complete miscarriage, but honestly I don't feel confident about anything he's said to me anymore. Not after the stuff I've read.

God I want a baby so Durn bad.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back