Does anyone have any advice

Harasas

Reaction score
Hi, I am hoping someone will have some advice. I had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago. Had a scan at the hospital, all seemed fine.
Been having stomach pain on and off since. Been to the doctors and got some painkillers which helped but in the last couple if days it's got worse.
I returned to the doctor today who sent me to the hospital for a scan. They said my hcg levels are still high and with the pain I am still experiencing I need a d and c, going to have it done on Thursday.
I am really worried about this, is it normal to have one this long after miscarriage? Has anyone had this? It was quite a lot to take in and I'm not sure I got all the information. What can I expect when it is done?
Many thanks for any advice.

Hey there I've not had any experience with a d n c but with my first MC, I was fine for the first few weeks then I had terrible pains in my stomach and back a few weeks later. The doctor gave me painkillers and anti inflametory tablets (sorry about the spelling) it was through the night I kept getting them but after taking these tablets for about 5 days the pain seemed to go away. Did you get these tablets? As it is meant to stop any infections. I hope this helps you, if u need any more advice feel free to send me a message x

Hi ,
Sorry you are going through this.
I have had two d and c,they are fine.
Basically you still have some tissue/ remains etc thats hasnt come away, and this is just a suction to remove all.
You are under - so know nothing about it.
The last thing is they put the drip in your hand, the next you wake up in a different room and it is all done.
I was given those tablets to stop infection after my first one but not after the 2nd and was fine.
So I think it just depends how you are and the dr will decide if you need them or not.
Bleeding varied also after each - so again just depends.
Feel free to ask any more questions.
You will be fine.xxx

hey, I had a mmc in june at 12 weeks, mc'ed naturally but continued to bleed for 9 weeks after. I finally had a d&c op and the end of aug for a small amount of remaining tissue that just wouldn't come out.

The operation itself is straight forward they will put u to sleep and u'll wake around half an hour later with a few period crampy pains. They will give painkillers to u, then u can go home and rest up. I bled for about 12 days after the op as well, but had my first af 28 days after the op.

So sorry to hear of ur news and hope everything goes well with ur op :hugs: xx

kanga is right hun dont worry too much i am so sorry this has been dragged out for you :hugs: sorry for your loss sweety

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Sammi, I only got painkillers from the doctors, no other tablets. Im really hoping this will be straightforward and I can then start to get over it. I have got to go the hospital tomorrow and have been told I need someone to pick me up then stay with me overnight. I have got someone to pick me up but am dont know if she will stay with me overnight. It is really stressing me out and tbh making me thinking of not going (which I know is really stupid, I need to go) I said this to the lady at the hospital and she was really insistent that someone absolutely had to stay with me and I shouldn't be on my own.
Now I know i could just tell them that there will be someone with me but I am really worried that it's not just the hospital telling me that to be difficult, it's that I physically and emotionally will need someone.
Sorry to ramble on, it's just a confusing time at the moment, as I'm sure all you lovely people know.
Thanks x

Hun, I think its protocol. It would be better if someone can stay with you but its just to make sure that you don't react badly to the anaesthetic or in case you need to go back of any rare complication which is HIGLY UNLIKELY but they have to consider the possibility. Is there someone else who can be with you? I would tell the hospital that she is staying and see how you feel on the day. You aren't having a D&C to end the pregnancy and maybe they don't realise that at the hospital. Oh it must be so tough for you :hug: it really is an awful process you have to go through. For you it would be easier if someone you know well could be there. Is there no way your friend can stay? Tempt her with ice-cream and a good movie?

Hey dyscochick, thanks so much for your reply. I know I need someone with me but I just don't want to be a bother. She does love ice cream though, so that is a super idea!
I will brave it and ask her, she is a really good friend and the only person I have told and I feel I am leaning on her way too much and she thinks I'm not coping with this at all, which I guess I'm not. :( I guess she doesn't really know what say, keeps telling me it will all be ok and I will feel better when I have had this done. I know she is right and really trying to help, but there is part of me, and I guess everyone feels like this, that thinks it's never going to be ok.
Completely off topic Is that your dog in your avatar? Very super cute! He is similar to my little dog
Xx

Hi Hun, any time. Honestly, ice cream, a good movie and a duvet on the sofa. Plan a cosy girlie night and if you nod off you can just stay asleep there. She sounds like she really been there for you and I'm sure you'd do the same for her if the situation were reversed. Yep, thats gizmo, my little jack russell. He's fab! is yours a jack too? i got lots of cuddles under the duvet from him after/during my mmc. :hug: for tomorrow and hopefully you can move on better afterwards.

Thank you, feeling ok actually. Glad that this time tomorrow it will be over.
Yep mines a jack russell too, Basil! They are fab little dogs and they are just the right size for cuddles on the sofa (even when he is not allowed!)

I hope today went OK for you sweetie? (well as OK as something so crappy can go!)

Once you get home, settle down and try to rest.

Also make sure you keep your strength up!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I hope today went OK for you sweetie? (well as OK as something so crappy can go!)

Once you get home, settle down and try to rest.

Also make sure you keep your strength up!

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks. Went better than I expected yesterday and feeling better than I have in a while today. Hopefully now on the road to recovery.
Thank you everyone for your help and advice xx

Thanks. Went better than I expected yesterday and feeling better than I have in a while today. Hopefully now on the road to recovery.
Thank you everyone for your help and advice xx

At least it went smoothly sweetie.

Have a nice relaxing weekend!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi, hope everyone is ok and no one minds if I ask some advice.
Like I said went to the hospital on Thursday and have been feeling ok. Did pretty much absolutely nothing on Friday and woke up feeling ok on Saturday.
Since yesterday morning though I have been feeling extremely light headed / dizzy. To the point where I had to sit down where I was to avoid falling down. I don't know if this is normal? Or maybe I have been trying to do too much.
I have been by myself all weekend and trying not to do a lot but I have to get up to get something to eat, go to toilet etc. Tried to take the dog for a short walk today but just couldn't, but have to keep getting up to let him outside.
I know I am making it hard for myself but I have no one I want to ask to come and help me, I know that sounds pathetic!
Also suppose to be going to work tomorrow but I don't know if I will be able to handle it.
How long have people taken to get back to (for much want of a better word) normal?
Having pain, but being controlled with painkillers so not too bad, but not much bleeding, they said this varies and am hoping pain will subside soon.
Any advice kindly welcomed x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back