Confused about mattresses. Any advice?

Sus

Reaction score
I really don't know what sort of mattress to buy. I have only bought a continental size cot (120x60) so this will be used up to 2 years. Do I go for a foam or a sprung mattress and what about removeable covers, cool flow?

I need some help. What has everyone else got?

Thanks

Sus

Its what you like tbh.

Foam is the cheaper option. Sprung ones can vary in price.

As to covers etc, again its what you feel you'll need/want.

We got a sprung mattress with the cool flow thing iirc (or some sort of flow thing). No covers or anything. Just put a fitted sheet over it and thats it. We opted for sprung as our LO is a bit of a biff baby and if he's going to sleep on it for the next 2 years possibly then we wanted to have something that was really comfy.

We went for a sprung airflow mattress for our cotbed and it was around £80. It feels really comfy and hopefully will mean that we'll get a bit more mileage out of it than a foam mattress. We didn't bother with covers but will use the mattress protector mat that I'm sleeping on (in case my waters go) with just normal fitted sheets.

With my first son I got a cot with a foam mattress and it was perfectly fine until he grew out of it!
I think this time we have a cotbed so will probably go for a sprung mattress to just make sure it lasts a little longer!!

i've bought a cotbed, so i'm going to get a sprung matteress, because he'll be using it for longer.
they've got some in tesco at the moment for £80, which is loads cheaper than babies r us, so i think i'll pick one up & get my clubcard points! haha.

We bought a sprung mattress from mothercare that has a topper thing on it that you can unzip to wash. It was sold to us as something that will help take any sick or drool away from the surface of the mattress.

It did Lucy really well and I plan to use it again (I know that you're supposed to change for every child but I'm choosing not to.)

Only thing I'd add to what others have said, is to get one with a removable cover that you can wash. Also perhaps buy a spare cover at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back