Confused about cow's milk?????

Snappykat

Reaction score
I've started weaning one of my boys and I'm doing it myself with regard to fruit and veg purees. I have found a recipe for rice pudding but it contains cow's milk. I've had a look at the the wee jars of baby rice pudding and they say from 4 months and I see that they contain milk. After having a look online everything I find it says from 6 months + . Can anyone advise?

I personally would just use formula/breastmilk until 6 months x

I'm the same as Helen, I'd wait until 6 months to use cow's milk x.

Same here..I have been advised not to give Cows milk to babies less than 6 months..

Same, I used breast milk or water until ella was 6months, I avoided cereals or food with cows milk in too. Have just started introducing it now. I'm over paranoid tho cos I react to cows milk so didn't want to risk introducing it too early! X

OK thanks for that. Just of of curiousity why do the jars say 4 months?

The weaning age used to be 4 months and a law was passed to prevent food manufacturers of baby food (and drink) from suggesting their food was suitable earlier than 4 months. Since the recommended minimum age has changed from 4 to 6 months there hasn't been another change in the law, so manufacturers continue to promote their products for babies as young as 4 months. Hth

Thanks Helen, it's all so confusing :shakehead: I can't believe they can do that (say 4 months). I trying my best to just use by own purees but sometimes get caught short so I have a couple of jars, one being apple rice pudding. The wee man loved it but I never checked the label as it said 4 months + so assumed it was fine :mad: My fault I suppose bloody annoying though!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back