Growing up milk or cow's milk?

kiki

Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering what you think about growing up milk? At the moment my little boy is still being BF (except one cup of formula a day). And at about 12 months I am planing to stop the BF and was wondering if I should then move him on straight to cow's milk or should I start him on the growing up milk? I have tried to look this up else where but there have been some conflicting advice and now I'm feeling a bit confused :eh:. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

i personally would go straight to cows milk. IMO, there's no point in growing up milk, its just a gimic from the milk companies to make more money. if LOs getting a varied, balanced diet, then there should be no need for anything aside from cows milk!

Rosie went from formula straight to cows milk - no probs. By then she was having a perfectly balanced diet so as Alice said no need for that other milk - plus its more expensive :)

i personally would go straight to cows milk. IMO, there's no point in growing up milk, its just a gimic from the milk companies to make more money. if LOs getting a varied, balanced diet, then there should be no need for anything aside from cows milk!

Agree. Plus follow on milk made Niamh's reflux come back and she had some stomach problems on it.

I agree it's a gimmick. Went straight to cows milk at 12 months :)

Thanks for your replies! He eats really well (at least at the moment..) so cow's milk it will be!!

yes I think if you were to quit the bf earlier formula is needed but from 12 months not at all :)

Wish I'd read this a few days ago as I've just bought Evie growing up milk as she has turned one and her follow on milk is about to run out.

I thought it was better for them than cows milk as it contains more iron? Or is that a big con?

I would suggest that a balanced diet would be providing all the iron needed :)

She does eat really well (most of the time but she can be fussy) so I guess she would get all the iron she needs.

I guess thats £6 wasted then :roll: cows milk it is

I use growing up milk for AJ even though he is 16 months.
He's a fussy eater and I feel I can relax more knowing he's getting some of the vits and iron that he needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back