Concerned - teeny, tiny embryo with heartbeat

Newfangle

Reaction score
Hi
I had an early scan yesterday (mid Week 6) as part of my IVF 'package' and embryo is extremely small at only 2.1mm. Good news is that we could vividly see a heartbeat beating. In any case, I am quite concerned as embryo should be 4mm+. Will do another scan next week. Dating is not in question as the IVF procedure tracks Day 1 and conception date.

Has anybody had any similar experiences? Would love to hear from you!

Best,

Newfangle

Hello, i cant give you any advise but i just wanted to say good luck, they are a great bunch here. If you ever want a chat there will always be someone around for you. Sending you some big :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im not sure but just wanted to say i hope everything works out ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had an emergency scan at 4+5 and the sac was only 3.7mm. Had 2nd scan at 6+2 and bubs was only 3.1mm. I wouldn't get too worried yet as they seem to think I'm not as far as I think (1st proper scan isn't until Jan 14th). All I can say is that I'm not too concerned about the size as, after all, millimetres are tiny so I'd be more concerned in the week st ocome if bubs is still small.

Hope that helps even a bit!

aww hun i wouldnt worry too much hun
iirc they do a dating scan at around 12 weeks because most babies are the same size then but before and after that they grow at different rates so yours could just be due a growth spurt
:hug: :hug:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back