Coming off cerazette

So sorry to hear that hun :( life doesn't half test us on times, thank you for your advice :) I think it would give me peace of mine, Like Katkin said, I'm also nervous, apprehensive and excited all rolled into one! The day that I get that BFP will be the best day ever (next to meeting the OH of course :p ) We already have though of a few names me like so it makes it all seem a little bit more real, I need to not stress myself out though as I am a huge stressor in life!

So sorry to hear that hun :( life doesn't half test us on times, thank you for your advice :) I think it would give me peace of mine, Like Katkin said, I'm also nervous, apprehensive and excited all rolled into one! The day that I get that BFP will be the best day ever (next to meeting the OH of course :p ) We already have though of a few names me like so it makes it all seem a little bit more real, I need to not stress myself out though as I am a huge stressor in life!

Lol, we have a HUGE listof baby names - just need to have a baby now! Def off to bed now :) xx

Just go with what you feel is right :D if having one cycle makes you feel at ease then do that, I dont think getting caught straight after coming off the pill can cause a MC, I was on the pill with my son after coming off that it took me 6 months to conceive but this time round I didn't even have a period, so I could be anything from 5-13 weeks it's a big difference really, but my CB digi said pregnant 1-2 so I am going off that, is that even a good idea?

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Congratulations Charlene on your pregnancy!! How long after coming off cerazette did you fall pregnant? Is there anyone else who is TTC on this forum?

I came off cerazette on January 20th, still no period yet (18/02/2012)... I have read A LOT of forums now saying it can take anytime up to 18months to get your periods to start again and get to know your cycle but it is VERY re-assuring to know that there is a chance of you still being able to fall pregnant even if you havn't yet had a period...

My question now to everyone is if you are TTC but havnt yet had a period how do you know if you are fertile? I have lots of ovulation tests (that i intended to use after my 1st period, but that was until i realised it may take months for that first period to happen! But I dont want to waste my ovulation tests by doing them every other day or so.. ive read something about your body tempertaure changing and this can signal fertility, does anyone know about this? I feel this would be a cheaper option if I can get my head around it.

Thanks,

Janine xx

Last edited:
Hi Janine, I came off Cerazette 10 days ago. I thought I would have a period a day or two after but still haven't had any sign of it. I've started recording my BBT and CM but its all pretty confusing, and I'm really not sure if I have ovulated or not yet. I never thought I would wish for my period, but at least then I can start working out the length of my cycle!

Have a look at this link, it tells you about BBT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_body_temperature

Thanks for responding to my post :)

The link you suggested was really helpful, I have now ordered a thermometer through ebay & have a chart to fill in to monitor my temperature so hopefully that will help (although all sounds confusing ha!)

Let me know if you have any joy - I'm just hoping that even though I havn't had a period i'm still ovulating (my sister has been on cerzette & became pregnant before her first period, so fingers crossed!)

I wish when doctors prescribe this pill they inform you that it may take a while to get things back to normal afterwards. I think my partner and I may have come off 6 months early if we knew that may have been the case...

Thanks again x

Hi Janine, im glad you found the link helpful :)
I bought a basal body temp thermometer from Amazon and downloaded the 'My Days' app on my iPad so I can chart my daily temperature and CM easily.
I was very reluctant to take any form of contraceptive as we were planning to start a family soon, but I had such a terrible time when I had the non hormonal coil fitted (which started to work itself out & had to be removed as an emergency!!). The day it was removed, the doctor talked me into taking Cerazette and informed me it was better than taking a combined pill as it would leave my system very quickly after I stopped taking it and I would be able to conceive almost straight away (assuming there wern't any other problems affecting my fertility). I reluctantly agreed to take it and then had 6 months of almost continual periods whilst on it - I was really fed up! Now I've stopped taking it and I want a period (so I can start to work out my monthly cycle), I've had nothing lol........

Congratulations Charlene on your pregnancy!! How long after coming off cerazette did you fall pregnant? Is there anyone else who is TTC on this forum?

I came off cerazette on January 20th, still no period yet (18/02/2012)... I have read A LOT of forums now saying it can take anytime up to 18months to get your periods to start again and get to know your cycle but it is VERY re-assuring to know that there is a chance of you still being able to fall pregnant even if you havn't yet had a period...

My question now to everyone is if you are TTC but havnt yet had a period how do you know if you are fertile? I have lots of ovulation tests (that i intended to use after my 1st period, but that was until i realised it may take months for that first period to happen! But I dont want to waste my ovulation tests by doing them every other day or so.. ive read something about your body tempertaure changing and this can signal fertility, does anyone know about this? I feel this would be a cheaper option if I can get my head around it.

Thanks,

Janine xx

took just 3 months this time, have you done a pregnancy test hunny you could well be pregnant!

It's been 2 weeks now since I finished my Cerazette, still no sign of AF just slight spotting a couple of days ago and slight stomach ache. My BBT has risen to its highest temp today. I did a pregnancy test this morning but in was a BFN. Wasn't expecting it to be positive but I was still disappointed!

Hey everyone :)

I did a pregnancy test & it was negative :( although I had had so many signs of pregnancy (sore breasts, sickness, emotional!) But I had read that that often happens when you come off cerezette.

Anyway, on the positive side (never thought i'd say that this is a positive thing ha!) I came on my period yesterday (exactely one month after coming off the pill) so hopefully if it stays regular I will be able to work out my cycle now.. feel so relieved after reading so many horror stories about not ovulating / having a cycle for months&months... will let you know if I have any good news to share :> thanks for all your advice/help ladies xxx

Well, I'm still waiting for AF to appear grrrrrrrrr! BBT has gone up and been elevated for 3 days, does that mean AF is due in the next few days? I'm getting more and more confused!
I'm now wondering if I did the pregnancy test too soon - maybe I should have left it a few more days.

Your BBT shoots up the day after ovulation, so it probably means you have been fertile for the last few days! :) My AF only lasted 2 days, bit wierd, hoping it's still normal! Going to keep doing BBT & will try some ovulation tests between days 12-16! x

Did anyone find themselves being really emotional when you cam off cerazette? & if so how long did it last for? I've been off my pill now for around 6 weeks, I found I became a little emotional and grumpy around weeks 2+3 and then was fine, but this week when I've been at work I'm felt really stressed & again emotional - i've put it down to work just generally being very difficult and busy at the minute but my partner just asked me whether or not it could still be linked to my pill affecting my emotions? & now i'm unsure... could it still be my body adjusting to the pill meaning that situations I normally manage quite well i'm now struggling with? xx

Did anyone find themselves being really emotional when you cam off cerazette? & if so how long did it last for? I've been off my pill now for around 6 weeks, I found I became a little emotional and grumpy around weeks 2+3 and then was fine, but this week when I've been at work I'm felt really stressed & again emotional - i've put it down to work just generally being very difficult and busy at the minute but my partner just asked me whether or not it could still be linked to my pill affecting my emotions? & now i'm unsure... could it still be my body adjusting to the pill meaning that situations I normally manage quite well i'm now struggling with? xx

Hi Janine, I've not found I am more emotional than normal since coming off Cerazette. Though if I have been a little agitated, I would probably put it down to stopping smoking 3 weeks ago lol:dance:

Just started AF today after wondering for days 'is it coming, is it not, am I pregnant........' lol
I am actually quite pleased its finally arrived as it is my 1st AF since I stopped my Cerazette tablets 20 days ago, so now I can start tracking how long my cycle is and hopefully be able to work out when I am likely to be fertile so yay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back