Colic - help!!

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi girls

This afternoon and evening Will has cried non stop except when eating or sleeping. What can I do? We've tried everything. Any tips? What can I do? Xxx

Are you talking short term or long term?

Long term i'd get some dr.brown's bottles, we got when LO had bad colic & worked instantly.

Is it defo colic? Is LO bringing both legs up to his tummy?

Try & pat his back as hard as you think is poss without hurting him, keep all your fingers together. Try a baby bath thats maybe a wee bit warmer than normal. And you could also try laying LO flat on tummy & massaging his back.

Buggy rides & car rides work wonders for colic coz the bumpyness brings up the wind.

Good luck I know how hard it is

:hugs:

Have you tried infacol or gripe water? It worked wonders on Leo. Also try burping him on his tummy xxx

Sophie really struggled last night! Today we have started properly on the infacol and she's been a lot better.

I also googled burping methods and have found today that rubbing Sophie up and down on her left hand side where here stomach while she's over my shoulder really brings up the burps. Patting her bum while over my shoulder also helps a lot too.

I'm not 100% sure it's colic, he seems to be straining for a poo :( iv got dr brown bottles, just done a very warm bath and he is dropping off to sleep. Just gave him his first dose of gripe water thank god for our local boots staying open til midnight!!! Xxx

Oh yeah i forgot to mention gripe water. I had to stop using it coz it was making me feel physically sick at the smell & LO always spat it up. But it does work & everyone recommends it works for constipation & wind. Infacol works too, infact both have nearly identical ingredients (so my HV says)

Dr.browns bottles are anti-colic ones, they have a special tube type thing inside them that reduce the bubbles going thro bottle to baby. They're wee miracle workers. They're pricey though, we vowed never to buy them but ended up giving in. I would advice to buy one of them & i know its a pain but use it & clean & sterilise it for every feed just for the day & see if theres any improvement, if there is you know it works & wont mind splashing out on full set, if its still there you know not to bother. You'd need to exculsively use the dr brown one for the whole day tho coz if u used a normal one for one feed it wld be hard to tell.

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back