Is this colic or not..?

positivity :)

Reaction score
Since Will arrived he has been a very content baby, easy to settle etc but since Friday before last he has changed. that Friday he cried uncontrollably from 6pm until about 11pm, we checked every reason he could be crying but couldn't figure it out.

since then he has been a little fussy on and off. some days he returns to being the baby from heaven, really happy and normal but the other days, like last night he was fussy again.

i'm confused as to whether or not its colic because its not the really bad crying, he is just more difficult to settle. he spent most of yesterday asleep (he's six weeks so i assume due to growth spurt) and then at bed time he had no interest in sleeping and was just 'moany'. this morning he is being the same again. i can normally put him in his swing but he is moaning to get out.

a lot of the crying over the past week or so has been due to tummy ache and he seems to calm after a poo. yesterday though he poo'd about 4 times and didn't really settle all day.

the other reason i thought maybe colic is that he seems to get fussy/cry at the same time each time it happens (about 5/6pm)

what do you girls think? xx

I was having same witH o! Hv said he was bored and looking to be picked up so I try and distract him with his toys now lol

Could be colic. Oz used to be exactly like that. We used to give him infacol and it really helped get his wind up throughout the day.

I was having same witH o! Hv said he was bored and looking to be picked up so I try and distract him with his toys now lol

:shock::shock: OMG as if a 24 day old baby is bored!! Can't believe an HV said that!!! A baby only has one way to communicate for a long time and that is to cry, I don't think they comprehend boredom yet lol

Is he bunching his legs up to his tummy a lot? This was the main sign with Phoebe. I'd give infacol a go. With infacol though you have to remember to keep giving it at each feed cos it takes a while to build up in their systems. Also when he's screaming try holding his tummy quite tight against your chest and walk about, this tends to do the trick with phoebe as it keeps her tummy warm xx

Sounds like colic. You should google waterwheel massage, that's a great one for getting them to pass wind. Also like the other girls have said you can try infacol too. You might just need to ride it out but it will go eventually. I found it really tough when Emily had colic and you feel like it'll never end but I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thanks everyone. Iv started gripe water but it's not getting rid of it. I was shown the waterwheel massage and find that great as well. Rach he does raise his knees up but not tight, they seem to fly up and down :oooo: xx

Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding? if you are bottle feeding there are some great comfort milks that you can buy and they work brilliant for babies that suffer from colic xxx

i think colic and maybe a comfort milk would be good as they are more mild on their tummys xx

Anton was like that too. Infacol helped a lot. I have stopped it now and he is fine

sent from my Galaxy s2

Oh I duno, It doesn't sound exactly like colic but it could be . Kayden done the whole crying before poos thing, you'd see him straining then crying, a good 2/3 hrs til he poo'd then he'd stop. We changed sma to aptamil & that went away, then it was replaced with on & off grumpyness thro the day & after along time figured out he was over-tired, i thot he was getting enough sleep but i checked some websites & even at 3 m/o babys get grumpy at an hour and a half of being awake & get over-tired, I started offering him a chance to sleep every 1-2 hours & tbh he hardly ever cries now

Good luck

:)

Oh I duno, It doesn't sound exactly like colic but it could be . Kayden done the whole crying before poos thing, you'd see him straining then crying, a good 2/3 hrs til he poo'd then he'd stop. We changed sma to aptamil & that went away, then it was replaced with on & off grumpyness thro the day & after along time figured out he was over-tired, i thot he was getting enough sleep but i checked some websites & even at 3 m/o babys get grumpy at an hour and a half of being awake & get over-tired, I started offering him a chance to sleep every 1-2 hours & tbh he hardly ever cries now

Good luck

:)

That's exactly what Will is doing. It's so hard to shake the worry of 'too much sleep = no sleep at night' I'm not stopping him sleeping but I suppose I could encourage it a bit more? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back