Quick question...

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
I've got doctors at 9.30 for my 6week check up and will be disussing contraception! I'm umming and arring between the coil or patch! The patch sounds good but I'm worried about something being stuck to me and it falls off and with the coil, I've heard afew negative things but I like the fact it's in for 5 years.
Anyone have good and bad points about both patch and coil?!

Good luck x I've nit heard anything about either so I'm no help x

I had the coil fitted a month ago, it really wasn't bad at all!! The doctor and nurse were great and really kept me distracted. Worse bit was the anaesthetic but no everyone gives that, I'd say it was mildly uncomfortable. Only problem I've been having is I've had bleeding and spotting ever since. It's not heavy now and it's supposed to go away soon.

There's too many to choose from lol! Think I'm gonna give the patch a go when I'm unpregnant! X

I think Im going to go with the coil. An obvious lack of man means I dont need it yet, but I talked about it with the midwife and I reckon its probably a good one. Good luck :D

I was tempted with the coil but the thought of it terrified me! I decided on the implant n its been fine! Sorry I'm not much help but ddnt want to read and run! The thing about the coil I liked was the fact it was a long term solution x

Im on the patch, had it on since friday and it hasnt fallen off. In the leaflet it just says to check after swimming etc but its unikey to fall off. if it does come off get a new one on within 24 hours and if after 24hrs or youre not sure use condoms for 7 days (kind of like missing a pill)

i was rubbish at remembering the pill, but this is brilliant cos I just have to emember to change it on a friday. And theyre in packs of 3 so you know when youve used 3 and you need a week off :yay:

Im really happy with it so far.

Last edited:
tiny....you're selling the patch to me...

Might have to reconsider.

I had the merina coil fitted yesterday! It was uncomfitable but I think the clamp thing was the worse bit! She also did a smear at the same time so at least I don't need to worry about either of them for afew years!

Did they check you down there as well i have my check up next week and am wondering if they want to check your all back to normal?!

I had the merina coil fitted yesterday! It was uncomfitable but I think the clamp thing was the worse bit! She also did a smear at the same time so at least I don't need to worry about either of them for afew years!

:yay: well done hun!

tiny....you're selling the patch to me...

Might have to reconsider.

Im sure the coil is more convenient, you can just forget about it once its done. Im just too much of a wimp to get one put in. Im putting off my smear test at the mo :blush: Even though technically Ive had a baby his head never engaged and they dont really recommend it if you havent had a baby. I kinda feel like I havent given birth IYKWIM.

I've not even had a check up sent through or about Leos jabs!!

I've had Charleys jab's app through. I had to make my own app for my 6 week check up!
Tinkerbell, they didnt check to see if I'm healed but could be cos I didn't tear, I only had a small graze.

Oh my drs do it all at the same time save going in twice - which is better for me tbh!!

I didnt even get a 6 week check and i had a c section!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back