clothes

lulu

Reaction score
At what age did you first put your baby in normal clothes, ie: trousers and tops etc?

Did you just have him/her in sleepsuits?

Jack has been in sleepsuits only as I think he looks more baby-ish in them. I dont want him to look too old.
Im now thinking of putting him in clothes during the day and sleepsuits at night, maybe when he is 3 months old.
What do you think/suggest?

What did you guys do?

I dress Isaac in sleepsuits only when he goes to bed at night. In the morning I dress him in stretchy soft trousers and tops. Its just so he knows the diference between day and night.

Lou :)

nope. He definately knows when its bedtime. I bath or top and tail him, feed him and change him all in his bedroom then he is put down for the night.

Its working so far and he has slept right through a couple of nights this week.

Ive always dressed Aidan in trousers and tops in day mainly because we had so many given to us as presents, and they were 3-6 months and because Aidan is so big he fitted into them from birth !!!

Then put him in Sleepsuits at night. :0)

Incidentally had him weighed today and hes now 14lb at 8 weeks !!!!

Ragna xxxxxx

He definately knows when its bedtime. I bath or top and tail him, feed him and change him all in his bedroom then he is put down for the night.

Its working so far and he has slept right through a couple of nights this week.

Jack settles as well though and sleeps through the night if I get the feeding times right????

:lol:

Brody also got given a lot of 0-3 outfits so I generally get him dressed in the day and a sleepsuit at night.
If I'm not going out at all I won't bother with an outfit but otherwise I do.

I dress Jack in jogging type trousers and tops in the day. I must admit i don't like Jeans for newborns, they seem a bit like cardboard to me. :?

He wears baby gro's at night time.

I don't know if he can tell the difference between day and night but he sleeps right through either way! :D

we were given a few outfits for newborns too but they are still on the hangers.

We were given quite a few for 3-6 months and today I found some bargains in a few charity shops. Oxfam were doing 3 items of childrens clothing for £1 yet they were 99p each!!!

Thats what got me thinking about putting him in clothes during the day :?

Rubie has been in clothes since she was 2 weeks old, before that couldn't find anything to fit her. She wears a sleepsuit at night. She has so many beautiful clothes it would be a waste to dress her in a sleepsuit all the time. :)

Damien is the same as Rubie, been in them since 2 weeks old during the day as before that nothing fitted him, and even then there was only a couple of outfits because I didn't want to waste money on tiny baby stuff. He is only just starting to fit in newborn Babygrows but not newborn clothes so he has about 4 outfits to pick from at the moment lol. Looking forward to getting my hands on the proper clothes in the newborn section and stopping dressing him in preemie clothes!!

Dylan was only in sleepsuits for a week now he only wears them to bed
he was wearing jeans when he was 1 week old 8)

i like baby grows for babys

I put him in a plain baby grow for bed and a detailed one (i.e picture ones) in the day times.

he has outfits that are aged 3 - 6 so i will start useing them then

ive always had alana in sleep suits all day and just a nappy at night most the time. only now have i started dressing her in outfits, but i think thats maybe coz its been colder really. i have so much laundry from her, a sleep suit its easier to wash then trousers, jumper and vest thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think jeans are ok as long as you use lots of softner when you wash them. Isaac has one pair but they are 3-6months.

I like getting Isaac washed and dressed in the morning and he likes it too. I hate feeling groggy in the morning walking round the house in my night clothes and I always feel better once I'm washed and dressed so I think Isaac feels fresher too. And it would seem daft to take him out of a sleepsuit, wash him then put him back in a sleepsuit.

I wasn't going to bother getting Brody dressed today till he pooped all up the back of his sleepsuit. :)

lol we had a pooh fest last night about 7pm. It was everywhere! Luckily I had bought some anti bac nursery wipes from tesco's!

He poohs now every other day rather than everyday.

lou said:
lol we had a pooh fest last night about 7pm. It was everywhere! Luckily I had bought some anti bac nursery wipes from tesco's!

He poohs now every other day rather than everyday.

Wow Brody poos at least 3-4 times a day you're so lucky!

Matthew lives in his sleepsuits and I've only really dressed him once when we went out for lunch theres no way I can be bothered in dressing him properly when he's at home, as it takes forever and then every nappy change most of it has to come off again! So I'll only be doing it when we go out for now, saying that he has sooo many cute outfits!

lou said:
He poohs now every other day rather than everyday./quote]

LOL when I was exclusively breast feeding, Rubie poo'd every half an hour, now she's on half formula it's once a day, but smells BAD, I'd rather change 20 breast fed nappies than 1 formula! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back