Baby clothes size

Hazel

Reaction score
Today I've put all Connie's 3-6 months sleepsuits and trousers into the grown out of box :( . She's now in 6-9 months (growing up to quickly). Trouble is everything is a little wide for her but the right length. Where does longer clothes? The next trousers I have for her are the right length but she's not going to be in them for long. I stretch everything now when I've dried it after washing to get a few more wears out of it. She's the 80th percentile on the graph for height so she's not that much longer then average but she's just under 50th for weight so she's a lanky little thing. I bought some 6-9 month vests and when I held them up to the 3-6 month they weren't that much longer but a lot wider which isn't what she needs :wall: . I've been putting her dresses quite a bit recently with tights but she's flashing her bum to the world :lol: .

Did you all have to put your LOs in the next size up sooner or did they follow the age guides on the clothes? Also, are boys clothes longer than girls?

Hi hun, we have the same problem, and have found George at ASDA clothes to be a better fit than most. Avoid Next stuff, it swamps my skinny-malinks!

I have always struggled with sizes. Angel is just below the 50th in weight but on the 91st in length! I just have to keep pulling them up coz trousers in particular are fine in length but way too big in waist! I make her wear them til they are just that little bit too short. Right now she is in 6-9 months, but needs 9-12 for length. I put some on her yesterday and they are ridiculously big round the waist. even folding them over didn't help.

And boys are the same length as girls in my experience as Angel has boys Asda jeans! Lol

Boys clothes are pretty similar. I have a long, lean girlie. She goes between 98th centile and just off the chart for height and 50th centile for weight. To be honest Next are the best I've found, she's been in their 9-12 month clothes for a month and a bit now but the waists are still a bit big on her. I know it's not much help but we found some good clothes in Holland that have adjustable waists (they go by length there rather than months) and also H&M bigger sized clothes seem to fit her better. I got some good sleeveless vests in woolies that fit her well as they are long but not too wide but then that's not much use now either. :wall:

I love H&M clothes. She grew out of the hello kitty 2-4 months trousers ( kept squeezing her in them :lol: ) last week but the top is still ok. My DH has started putting one of my head bands around her waist to hold things up :lol: . I was thinking about getting some boys sleepsuits if they were a bit longer in the legs.

Also I forgot to ask. She's too long for her sleeping bag now so need to get the 6-12 month size. Anyone seen any lightweight summer ones out yet as it should last her until July and I'll just put her warmer sleepsuit for now. Also, is there a minimum weight guideline on them like the first size. I could find out the weight thing myself but I'm not planning on going into a supermarket any time in the near future.

TK Maxx have loads. We got a Grobag one which does from 6-18 months. Got a 2.5 tog and a 1 tog. I think the weight guideline on that was 18lb? :think:

Kyrans got a weeny waist but hes quiet long. hes over 1 now and stil in 6-9months tops. ive had to start buying some 9-12month trousers coz he looks like a norman now they're up round his ankles :roll: He has to wear a belt with all his trousers which is a pain but if i dont the second he goes off to crawl the trousers come off!

I find every blinking shop is different, such a pain!

Hazel said:
Also I forgot to ask. She's too long for her sleeping bag now so need to get the 6-12 month size. Anyone seen any lightweight summer ones out yet as it should last her until July and I'll just put her warmer sleepsuit for now. Also, is there a minimum weight guideline on them like the first size. I could find out the weight thing myself but I'm not planning on going into a supermarket any time in the near future.

I got one from Tesco, 6-12 month one, and Finlay outgrew it ages ago! We've just bought a 6-18 month one from Mothercare and its huge!

Regarding clothes - primark boys jeans and bottoms seem to be really long. So is GAP so maybe try and see what they girls things are like. Finlay has been in 9-12 month stuff for a while as his cloth bum gets in the way :lol:

leland just gone into 12-18 sleepsuits and bodysuits but his in 9-12 month clothes ( some 12-18 if there small like m&s and bhs ) but then his got a couple of 6-9 tops that till fit really well , before id be able to put away a while age range but now i have to lit do 1 thing at a time ! i measured leland this week and his 81cm , his not charted for height but has dropped from 98th to just above 50th centile for weight , and yes like sage if he crawls off his trousers come off :rotfl:

Hazel said:
I was thinking about getting some boys sleepsuits if they were a bit longer in the legs.

If you are wanting longer then go for long legged romper suits. We use them as sleepsuits also and they are fine. We got a few in 6-12 months and Galen has been in them for 2 months or so now and they have plenty of room, plus as no feet in them he can stay in them till they are too snug bodywise.

We got ours from here http://www.tobytiger.co.uk/sleepsuits-hats.html to give you an idea of the sort of thing I mean. We got the bright stripey ones which will suit either boy or girl so will see lots of use for any future children also. Plus the sizing is for 6-12 months so while they are pricey, you do get the wear out of them.

We also got others from somewhere else but I forget the name of the company now. I'll look it up later. Their sizes are even more generous and bigger all round and again 6-12 months.

Or cut the feet out of a few sleepsuits.

Hazel said:
Did you all have to put your LOs in the next size up sooner or did they follow the age guides on the clothes? Also, are boys clothes longer than girls?

I find NEXT are huge especially their sleepsuits and vests. Maia has only just gone into her NEXT 3-6 month sleepsuits and she still fits into a newborn sleepsuit from NEXT. She is still in 3-6 month old clothes though :lol:

Dafydd isnt big but ive just moved him up to 12-18mth sleepsuits from Next, i find them the best fit over his cloth bum as the body seems a little bigger.

I get most of his clothing from Next/mini mode but have some jeans from George too. He's in 9-12mths at the mo.

Another thing to add... H&M do footless sleepsuits! They are my new option when she grows out of her current sleepsuits. We have also started buying pjs, as they fit for SO much longer! If their tootsies get cold you can just put socks on them, but to be honest she never does because she is in her sleeping bag.

Ellie_P you are the only person I have ever seen/heard use the word skinny-malink apart from my husband! lol

Too right. Actually they do a Miffy range for boys in a big department store over in Holland.

51Rt-gz25iL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

Edit that isn't the boys' one though. This is :lol:

8468718157194752.jpg

They are quite cute

I wonder what Craig would do if I put Finlay in pink :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members