clomid?

netty

Reaction score
so.......came off depo 2 years ago ( maybe more cant remember ) it took me 19 months to conceive( i think i need to check dates may have been 14 ) , then i MC at 14 weeks so and so now i am TTC again.......does this seem like a long time to you ladies? I am concerned that in 2 years i have caught on once?!

Should i ask for clomid?? if so what exoeriences do you ladies have for me, does it have side efffects i also heard your likely to have twins on clomid!

helps please xxxx

Last edited:
Hi chick,

Have you had regular periods since depo? As in, are they as heavey as they were beforehand?

xxx

yep regular as clockwork every 30 days for 5 days. after MC my cycle is fucked, 28 then 27 days and bled for 7 days then 9 days month after

Personally I would let nature take it's course hun!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I know the older we get the faster we want things to happen BUT I'd give it a little while longer!

xxxxxxxx

im only 26 hun lol so i am being hasty i think, just desperate as we all are i am a bit young yet to worry as much as i do eepp 27 in march counting down to 30..........where does the time go!!???

im only 26 hun lol so i am being hasty i think, just desperate as we all are i am a bit young yet to worry as much as i do eepp 27 in march counting down to 30..........where does the time go!!???

I know it's no real consulation but you really do have plenty of time on your side....

I'd personally not go down the Clomid route just yet!

xxxxxxxxx

sweetie, let things happen for you xx you might be extra fertile after the MC and your still young xx

a year and a month younger than me!

I know some of the ladies on here are on clomid but your still so young xxx

yeah you all sound right,i dont suppose i am a priority for any kind of fertility help until 30 plus am i? argh i am impatient!

where did you get the idea clomid would be a good plan hun?

have you been reading about it? are you aware of the dangers?

its safe in short bursts, its women who take it for long periods of time out of a want for mulitple that have had thnings like burst ovaries, cysts etc. Only proven to harm when taken over 6 cycles, doctors shouldnt recommend it really but some do. I just saw others in here using clomid hun and wondered if it was something that coyld be good for me, however i should bear in mind i am merely 26, but age is not a factor when asking for the treatment ( mums a GP ) , my mum said i should ttc for 6 months after MC NATURALLY, if nothing then ask for other options.

My personal experiance of clomid which i have been on many times, 4mths last year & 6mths course this year, didnt cause me any harm. The only dangers of clomid is if you produce OHSS ( ovary hyper stimulation syndrome ) i.e produce to many follicles. Which is why most places monitor you while using this type of fertility treatment to ensure that you are not producing to many follicles.

Clomid i.e Known as clomiphene citrate has been around for many years approx 30yrs. Many couples that have difficulty conceiving through natural methods choose to undergo various fertility treatments to increase their chances of becoming pregnant, despite what age you are. One of the most popular medications used to heighten fertility is Clomid. Used for many years to help induce and regulate ovulation, Clomid is often highly successful at producing a pregnancy for them who are struggling to conceive. If you and your partner are experiencing troubles conceiving lynette, then there is no harm in having a word with your doctor about the length of time you have been ttc & only them will suggest whats best for you, i.e wether they feel it is a long time & decided to send you to see someone or wether they send you home & say keep trying. They wont give you any form of fertility meds if they feel you dont need it.

The general side effects of clomid is mood swings, hot flushs, if you take them of a evening then you dont tend to get the side effects, however ALL on fertility meds will experiance some sort of side effect, as they are helping your hormones produce follicles. There is side effects & dangers with all meds even a paracetomol, if we look at the back of a box of paracetomol you wouldnt take them if you listen to what dangers it can cause.

If you feel like you want to go speak with your gp then go its your descision no one else's. People of unexplained fertility i.e nothing wrong with either partner who are lttc use stuff like this & thats because of the length of time it is taking them to become pregnant.

If you have been ttc for 2yrs & took 14mths to conceive your 1st then i think you do fit the bill for clomid, that dont mean i am saying you are not ovulating, it just means that you may need a little help to speed things up for you, get you to your bfp quicker.

Quote from this NHS link below.

Nine out of 10 couples in which the woman is under 35 will conceive naturally after one year of having regular unprotected sex. There is more advice in How long does it usually take to get pregnant?
If you’ve been trying for a year or more and have not become pregnant, see your GP. Your GP can do tests to help identity possible fertility problems, and provide advice on the next steps.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Fertility/Pages/Getpregnant.aspx ( Link not endorsed by pregnancyforum.co.uk )

xx

sweetie i think as long as you know what your doing and have had a good long think about it, clomid MIGHT be a route to take but i think so soon after a MC you should wait a few months x

you dont want to force your body into something if its not ready x

I reckon you will catch soon but its definitely a good option for the future (for all of us) if you struggle

its great your mum is a GP, she can talk you through all this properly xxx

Hugs and best of luck and lots of :dust: for this cycle xx

its not something i want to dive into, my mum said she has never been on the pill and only ever caught on 3 times, nothingnm wrong with her thats justthe way it is with the women in our family.

I am still young though so I have plenty of time, thanks for all your helps girlies i am testing next week for FX for me xxx

Yeah i reckon in six months if you havent caught (but you WILL have i know it) then maybe look into other options, i just know that this soon after M/C your going to be thinking about every possible way to be pregnant again as quickly as possible hey xx

i know and before i wasnt activley TTC like timing my OV I just came off the pill and forgot about it really. Plus I was on medication for bi-polar and i was stressed out due to a previous job so not a good baby making formula eh. I have a new job now and no meds ( woo go me, weaned myself off ) so all is good in the hood. omg it wud be so good to have a xmas bfp Fi, eep

well at least after six months of actively trying, you can tell the docs that you have been trying for longer so you will get help quicker ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back