Clomid + Preseed??

Kezzipea

Reaction score
Hey hey all!!

Been on a break of ttc for couple of months but now im back on the stress wagon!
Been tryin for nearly 3 yrs now with a few mcs in first 18mnths but nothing since.

In last few months they ruled out pcos or hormonal imbalance which i was certain i must have either one due to symptoms but nope! So back to the highly annoying 'unexplained' label!?

SO now im on my first cycle of clomid.
Not really clued up on it yet but hoping it sorts out my cycles that can range 28-45 days.
And make me blimming ovulate wen im meant to!!! Grrrr.

Anyways my question is basically just for ur clomid stories and if anyones tried pre-seed lube to help with the 'dryness'. Ive read alot of lubes r no help at all but this one is meant to work?

Thanks girlies xxx

(btw im not being lazy my phone wont let me click on the search thingy at top of page for sum annoying reason so i cant look for other preseed threads)

Xxxx

Last edited:
Hiya Kizzi :)

I'd go and get your bloods redone. I can only assume they did your cd 21 ones on a normal cycle, if they did it on a 45 day cycle then they would have diagnosed you differently.

I suppose they would still have just stuck you on clomid though...

I don't know about clomid dryness, but I have tried preseed before and found that the wetness was very short lived and turned rather sticky. Plus it's expensive for how much you need to use. You can only try though xx

Last edited:
Hi Kezzipea, I'm on my fourth round of clomid and this month I used preseed to help with the 'dryness'. I actually didn't tell my husband I was using it as I thought it would be a moment killer (we kind of had a schedule so almost knew when we were going to bd). I found it really good, you probably only need to use half the amount that it suggests on the instructions.

Good luck and come and join us on the clomid thread and ask as many questions as you like! xx

Hi, yes be very careful about what brand you use - only pre-seed and concieve plus are sperm friendly as far as I know.

Rrgarding the clomid I agree with louise. Unless they did the progesterone test exactly between ovulation and next period the reult is pointless. Think of progesterone as starting from day of ov and then rising to a peak and then falling again bacl to zero on day af comes. Clomid will regulate ur cycles but make sure u have the test done about 7 days sfter last + opk to confirm ovulation.

I remember u from ttc and that u have had a few mc's, sorry hun, very hard to go through. Have u had any investigations for your womb as if u have concieved your tubes are fine but there may be a lining issue or implantation issue? Do u ever do preg tests? A lady in here repeatedly concieved and had early losses (many so early she wouldn't have even known about them if she wasn't so aware of her body and tested early). Could you still be concieveng but having chemical pregnancies?

Hi, yes be very careful about what brand you use - only pre-seed and concieve plus are sperm friendly as far as I know.

Rrgarding the clomid I agree with louise. Unless they did the progesterone test exactly between ovulation and next period the reult is pointless. Think of progesterone as starting from day of ov and then rising to a peak and then falling again bacl to zero on day af comes. Clomid will regulate ur cycles but make sure u have the test done about 7 days sfter last + opk to confirm ovulation.

I remember u from ttc and that u have had a few mc's, sorry hun, very hard to go through. Have u had any investigations for your womb as if u have concieved your tubes are fine but there may be a lining issue or implantation issue? Do u ever do preg tests? A lady in here repeatedly concieved and had early losses (many so early she wouldn't have even known about them if she wasn't so aware of her body and tested early). Could you still be concieveng but having chemical pregnancies?

hey all thanx for the reply!

Well i think i may just try without the preseed first me thinks! Afterall TTC is rather regimented as it is...not exactly the most romantical of things to do just before the insert! :)
But will try if first 3 months r not successful i think.
But i will be careful what i buy.

Yes i was thinking that. i kept saying to them....how do they know what day to test when my cycles are all over the place and not doing what they shud be WHEN they shud be anyway. But they just stuck me on clomid.
Which i dont really mind as that was what theyve have done anyway if i had pcos.
Cross fingers nowwww!!!

Heyyyyy babytime yeah i recognise u lady! U ok?
Where u up to shug?

Yeh done all the tests. My tubes r fine. My lining was a little thin but turns out the test was done on one of my longer cycles so it may have thickened up later on.
So irritating not being able to time ANYTHING!!! Grrr. Hoping clomid regulates things.

Yeah i am a POAS addict!!! lol. Ive have to chemical MCs in the past. But the hosp dont count them as actual 'MCs' apparantly so ive stopped telling them!
xxx

They really should count them, crazy that they don't. Could you ask about a hysteroscopy? Its a very quick operation done with a camera up your foof to look ay condition of womb and lining. It can see polpys, fibriids or any bad areas where there isn't proper blood flow. Sometimes the nhs are just so crazy, yes an op costs money but if it revels something it is cheaper than them funding ivf :mad:

I'm ok, cycle 17 now, had 6 clomid cycles - no bfp. Stopped clomid and got a bfp but it endeds up being an early ectopic, no lasting damage so onwards and upwards!!

How many clomid cycles do you get?

Theyve had a look round up there twice now.
No polys or fibroids. tubes ok. Only thing they noticed was my ovaries did not have 'swollen' egg follicles like they r meant to at that time of month (but that cud just be cuz my long cycles again)

Awwww im sorry about ur early eptopic MC hunny :(
It doesnt matter how early the pregnancy, it still feels like a little lovely amazing miracle doesnt it. it doesnt seem fair to be given sumthing asnd then have it taken away.

Funnily enuf i actually prayed last time i had a MC (june 2011) that if i wasnt going to be able to keep my baby then i dont want to be preg at all!
Now...... i cant even get pregnant! Figures.

Ive been given 6months on 50mg.
Have they any ideas wats up with u hun? x

I'm in the 'unexplained' category :roll:

No reason has been found as to why we haven't had a baby so it's just a case of keep on trying.

If you've had the investigations - guess that mkaes you sorta unexplained too I suppose, well ignoring the irregular cycles. Clomid should be great for you, many of the girls who were irregular or not ovulating and took clomid are now off in tri 1 or 2 or 3 so no reason you won't be in there too! X

I'm in the 'unexplained' category :roll:

No reason has been found as to why we haven't had a baby so it's just a case of keep on trying.

If you've had the investigations - guess that mkaes you sorta unexplained too I suppose, well ignoring the irregular cycles. Clomid should be great for you, many of the girls who were irregular or not ovulating and took clomid are now off in tri 1 or 2 or 3 so no reason you won't be in there too! X

well lets cross fingers n toes for both of us!
I sense 2013 is guna be a good year for us 'unexplained' LTTTCers!! :)

Its the not knowing that sometimes gets to me tbh. I was kinda hoping i did have PCOs at one point just so i knew. weird i know. not good wen u HOPE uve got something but thats how desperate i was gettin.
I thawt at least if they diagnose me they can treat me! And wud explain past MCs too.
But nope....unexplained!
PAH!

:)
Can u not try IVF hun if clomid didnt work for u? xx

There was a girl on a forum that i read that had tried everything like u and nothin seemed to work and things were just unexplained. she went for IVF and they found out (whilst doing the procedure) her egg walls (??) were too thin or something. So it was letting too many spermies in?
So the egg was rejecting itself. and when she did get preg she wud MC as it was causing defects.
They carried out ivf and cuz obviously its controlled and only fertilize with one single sperm cell...she carried full term.

xxxx

Aww that's a lovely story!

Yep, ivf is the next step for us. I'm looking into more blood tests - ie chromosomes, immunology etc as don't want to spend 5k on ivf if there is something that is treatable! We need to pay as its a loooonnngggggg wait on the nhs here and fortunately we can afford it.

We need some unexplained bfps, Kaykay was the most recent - trying for almost 3 years, no bfp ever and then a week before iui appointment she is pregnant. So pleased for her. Hopefully we won't be far behind!!!

Yes yes i saw kaykay on another thread. Her BFP story bought tears to my eyes.
Its so fab wen a LTTTCer gets there little miracle!!!
Yes us next pleaseeee!! :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back