weight and clomid

pinkies101

Reaction score
feel really frustrated.
on my 4th cycle of clomid, went back to clinic for check up and she said I need to loose weight in order fotr clomid to work. I know i need to loose a bit im not massivly overweight. But suffering with pcos its so bloody hard.

Feel a bit annoyed as they didnt even mention loosing weight when i first went now i feel like iv wasted 4 months of clomid

Its awful when you feel you "have to" lose weight as if it makes it any easier :roll:

I think you could probably do yourself a lot of good by following a Low GI eating plan.

Not a diet as such, as you won't be avoiding eating... you'll just be eating as much as you want of foods that shouldn't trigger any insulin resistance problems that are apparently a majot element of PCOS.

Any processed carbs are going to make you're PCOS a million times worse.

thanks louise i didnt realise that! although makes complete sence as iv been following the green plan at slimming world, but to no avail! masses of pasta and rice ect prob where im going wrong x

Hiya :)

Yeah, lots of white pasta and rice and probably contributing a lot.

I honestly think that low GI will work wonders for you - it's just a couple of switches to your shopping list, not really cutting anything out.

You can even eat some sugars and things as long as you mix them with other low GI foods.

You should be medium GI or less, so you could mix a high GI food with a low one to get a medium GI overall... don't have to totally deprive yourself.

Last edited:
Hi Pinkies :)

Just backing up what Louise said really - low GI and a bit of calorie counting here and there can do wonders for your weight. Swap white rice/bread/pasta etc for whole grains and that's a massive step. I have lost 4 stones in a year by cutting out lots of carbs, switching to lower GI foods and doing moderate exercise (walking, swimming etc just a few times a week). Main thing is to keep a very balanced diet. The difficult thing now will be keeping the weight off I guess! I have PCOS too and might be given clomid in next few months so trying to keep weight down. Did they say what your ideal weight should be? just curious really... My cycles have improved somewhat since losing the weight also.

Good luck!!

Sarah xx

Louise is spot on, a low GI diet could be just what you need I have just ordered a book " PCOS for Dummies" apparently it has advice on best things to eat, when it arrives I will let you know what it says. I know leafy greens are a good one so could be worth stocking up on cabbage and sprouts and replacing white bread/ rice and pasta to brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back