Clearblue ovulation test (dual hormone indicator)

Shazza86

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum (or any type of forum), and OH and I have been ttc for around 8 months now with no success. I have on average a 27/28 day cycle which is usually quite regular and predictable. I've been using the Clearblue ovulation test with dual hormone indicator, which is usually very good, however this month I started pos on day 10 and got high fertility (flashing smiley), BUT on day 11, I got low fertility (circle).

How is this possible? I have an app on my phone which has been tracking my periods for years, and my fertile window was supposed to start on day 10, hence why I started testing then.

As a little insight, I used a brand new test stick on day 10, and a month old one on day 11 (as I was away from home on day 10 so had to buy a new one). Also, tested first thing in morning on both days.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I'm getting stressed out more and more each month...

Thanks all xx

Did you use the same holder on both days? The holder remembers your previous readings and looks for changes, so if they were different that might confuse things?

Did you use the same holder on both days? The holder remembers your previous readings and looks for changes, so if they were different that might confuse things?
Yes, I did use different holders for both days, Brand new one on the day it said 'high fertility' and a month old one on the 'low fertility' day (used the sticks that came with the holders). I think I've used the same holder for two consecutive months in the past with no problem... so confused!

That's really weird as my understanding was that a new holder would always say low on the first day as it was taking a base level reading so it could look for changes!

Really sorry but I have no idea why it's being so strange! Have you thought about ringing the helpline?

That's really weird as my understanding was that a new holder would always say low on the first day as it was taking a base level reading so it could look for changes!

Really sorry but I have no idea why it's being so strange! Have you thought about ringing the helpline?
Hmm I know, it's really annoying. I'm just concerned that I might have already ovulated and tested too late but this is unlikely as I only started testing a couple days after my period ended. I've only ever had one freak cycle last September where I ovulated super early, but been regular ever since.

Maybe I should just stop worrying and go with the flow, but it's hard not to!! :(

Tell me about it! I am one of the most laid back people ever but TTC is driving me mad!

Thank youl, baby dust to you all xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back