Are the ClearBlue Ovulation test reliable?

carpediex

Reaction score
Hi girls,

This cicle i use Digital Clearblue Ovulation test, and none of them displied the smilie face, instead i could check the stick and a strong line showed like other months when i got the smilie face..very odd

Not sure what happened but i am sure i ovulate as my temperature went up 2 days now so i know i ovulate for sure...

i am taking VITEX and Royal Jelly but not sure that this can affect the reading of the digital Ovulation test

Does anyone happen the same??

thank you
Have a nice day everyone!

hey i have only just started using these so cant give you much advice!
i didnt want to read and run!
I am sure someone else will be able to help you
welcome to pf
x

Hi Hun,

I've been using these for months with no problems but i'm wondering if they aren't working too well this cycle and last.

I had no smiley face last cycle, I'm not sure whether I missed OV or not as my cycle went much shorter but I've kept my OPKs this time and I seem to have peaked around the 15th, as the lines are quite dark and now they seem to be getting lighter, i'm still testing, (have a look at my tests in the OPK gallery) but no smiley face yet.

I've found out the sensitivity of the test is 40miu which isn't awfully sensetive, maybe the lines indicate OV but aren't strong enough to give a smile??

xx

i have used these the last 2months and got smiley faces both months, when i expected to too...i could feel i was ovulating and the smileys confirmed it......they seem to only appear right at the peak of the surge........xx

Hi - I've been using mine for the first time this month. I used POAS last month. Last month I got a surge reading on my sticks on day 10 and 11, then nothing after. I've had the low reading on my digital one from day 6 through to 11, but I think your ovulating days can vary a little from month to month.

Anyway, I did the test this morning (day 12) and I got the full three bars. Aaarrrgghhh. I wish it would give me a day's warning so I could build up to it! Basically got to jump on my husband tonight whether he likes it or not - :lol:

Luckily we did it the day before yesterday as well, but it doesn't give you much warning. At least in future, I know I should ovulated between days 10 and 12 so I can plan the naughty sessions in advance!! My doctor told me I should be ignoring the opks and having sex every other day throughout my cycle, but unfortunately that's not going to happen in reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back